The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

French Races Thread

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays French Races Thread

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

As I’m highly unlikely to be able to get some of these bets on and there are those out there who seem to think a PMU/Tote-esque monopoly is the future I’m going to be using this thread to track a few bets on French racing, mythical bets to start with to see if it’s possible to make it pay on a PMU monopoly.

The main firms to use will be Pari Mutuel Urbain (PMU), Geny (geny.com), Ziturf (ziturf.com) and Le Turf (leturf.fr) and I’ll be listing the horses backed and who with in the following format:

£10 Win Joe Bloggs @ Geny (Geny.com) 14:40 Longchamp

Hopefully this will show profit but will try and play a few combination bets too – the French seem to love the Quinte+ bet and there’s a race every day so I’ll try and get involved in those bets too.

I will post the first bet later today – closer to the off when the markets have settled down somewhat.

Martin

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Craon Race 6

£5 Win Theroadtocroker @ Geny (Genybet.com)
    £10 Place Theroadtocroker @ Geny (Genybet.com)

Staked: £15
    Returned: £0

Martin

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Two bets today – both Macaire horses:

£10 Win Dallidas @ Geny (Genybet.com) 3rd Race
    £10 Win Saint Macaire @ Geny (Genybet.com) 7th Race

Stake: £35
    Returns: £0

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

19:20 Saint-Cloud Never Forget – She was somewhat disappointed when tested over here for Luca Cumani, though he has a bad habit of bottoming ex-French horses and she joins a fair list of useful performers who’ve been well baeten since joining him. She’s rejoined former trainer Elie Lellouche for her return to France in this gentleman amateur riders race over 12f. The most interesting thing for me is that the last time Never Forget race at Saint-Cloud she took home a competitive Group 2 event in June last year – she left France with a rating of 500 (50KG’s to you and I) and providing she can run up to that mark she’s easily the highest rated amongst these. The odds-on favourite is the Van De Poele trained Green Tango who whilst a useful performer on his day is rated 7lbs inferior to the filly and is conceding an additional 6lbs to the filly today – he has the best jockey in the race on board but he’s regularly raced over further and this 12f is IMO likely to prove to be on the sharp side for him. Of the remainder the chief danger could come from Up Where We Belong who ran well in the 2010 renewal of the race when 3rd.

Bet: £10 Win Never Forget @ Geny (Genybet.com)

Stakes: £45
    Return: £0

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Race 6 Saint Cloud

Bet: £5 Win Persiste Et Signe @ Geny (Genybet.com)
    Bet £10 Place Persiste Et Signe @ Geny (Genybet.com)

Staked: £60
    Returns: £0

Martin

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Well Persiste Et Signe managed to just miss the frame in his race, they finished in a heap for the places and he was 4th.

Never Forget however won her race by 4 lengths @ 11,16

Stakes: £65
    Returns: £111.60

Martin

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Absolutely True is her powerful connections sole representative in the Prix Marcel Boussac on Arc day – she won relatively easily on her debut and the form has stood up well with the 5th running well in a conditions race over the same CD later that month (previous winners in behind). She’s currently 4/1 with UK Bookmakers but as this is a PMU/Tote thread the bet is as follows:

£10 Win Absolutely True @ Ziturf (Ziturf.com) 13:50 Longchamp

Stakes: £75

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

13:50 Saint-Cloud
    Vifwaki Millenium ran a blinder on debut when racing handy all the way at Compiegne before fading in the closing stages behind the comfortable winner Demokles (holds a Group race entry at Longchamp at the weekend) as a totally unfancied 64/1 outsider. The form has been franked since by the third (Le Bahamien) who re-opposes today but has since finished 2nd in a similar 2yo race at Clairefontaine whilst there is a claiming winner in the provinces well down the field. As I mentioned earlier the third that day re-opposes again and is rated a 7/2 shot by the only firm to price up (Paddy Power) whilst Vifwaki Millennium is put in by them at 8’s – he takes on winners for the first time and there’s always the chance that the debut run was a fluke but he’s getting an extra 1.5KG’s off LB whilst the winners in the race are conceding 3KG’s to him. 8/1 with 3 places and the strong possibility that he’ll be in the right place tactics wise at the business end of the race makes him a decent bet today.

£5 Win Vifwaki Millenium @ PMU (PMU.fr)
    £5 Place Vifwaki Millennium @ PMU (PMU.fr)

Stakes: £85

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

14:20 Maisons-Laffitte

£10 Win: Dschahan @ Geny (geny.com)
    £5 Place: Dschahan @ Geny (geny.com)

Stakes: £100

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.