The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Freddie Tylicki court case

Home Forums Horse Racing Freddie Tylicki court case

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I see today is the first day of the court case , claiming damages of £6 million against Gibbons , if he,s found guilty where does that come from , surely it’ll bankrupt him

Participant
    • Total Posts 959

I wonder if jockeys are required to have any sort of liability insurance.

As Matt Chapman has said the difficulty for Tylicki is that the stewards looked into the incident on the day and didn’t find any fault with Gibbons.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2804

Our sympathies will always lie with Mr Tylicki, he is living every jockey’s worst nightmare with great stoicism.

However, this case must surely be struck out. The ramifications of any found guilt on Gibbons’ part would be unthinkable for all sports.

Mike

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

He’s got two hopes in court – Bob Hope and no hope.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Agree. I am obviously very sorry about what happened to Freddie Tylicki but to be perfectly honest I slightly lost a bit of sympathy after he took out this legal action.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

I still sympathise with him, but he’s in a form of denial, I think, and going to court is the central plank of it.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

I’ve more chance of a result if I sued my local Indian for loss of shagging returns due to being a bit of a fat twat.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

It looks to me like he has been talked into it by ambulance chasing lawyers.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

It’s been very interesting to see how many jockeys have taken Tylicki’s side in this. Gibbons comes across from the case as a man not many in the weighing room have time for. Crowley’s grievances probably stem from the fact he broke his nose and was taken to hospital to look at his neck in the same incident.

And yet where is Ted Durcan in all of this? Ted Durcan broke his ankle in the same incident and yet after the race he didn’t appear to be trying to place the blame anywhere and as far as I can tell he’s stayed well out of this legal battle. Steve Drowne was also unseated in the incident and his quotes immediately after the race seemed to suggest it was one of those things and Tylicki was very unlucky, but no attempt to place any blame anywhere.

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Jockeys closing ranks to get Tylicki a nice few Bob from insurers. Nothing to lose.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

I’m really surprised about all the jockeys remembering so much after over 1,800 days….. That many details, wow! Really impressive

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Am I allowed to say that I don’t think Freddie is very good on the telly? Feel free to disagree, I’m just not sure if it is PC to criticise someone who has ended up in a wheelchair just from doing his job.

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

You don’t really understand PC if you genuinely think this can’t be said.

Tylicki has an equal right to be useless on TV wheelchair or not .

I completely agree with you…… he’s talks a lot but mostly in cliches.

Being PC is about not being offensive……pure and simple ….the most worrying thing about it is how the media have manipulated it into something confusing and negative .Don’t fall for it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

The industry and connected bookmakers will find a way to influence and wont want this case won. Like George Michael’s futile attempt against the Sony giant – it wont be won.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

I stole this post from another area 2019 and written by a Churchill’s Downs clocker

“When horses are running in kind of a close pack, and for whatever reason, a horse runs upon another horse’s hind end, the front feet (or foot) will make contact with the hind foot (or feet) of the horse in front and therefore strike his heels – often causing one or both of the horses to be thrown off balance and possibly go down. We once lost one of our stable’s most promising 2 year old colts when another horse clipped his heels in the turn before coming into the stretch in a race going 6 furlongs. The colt had to be destroyed on site. It was a sad day for everyone at my barn…the horses name was One Sierra Charlie, and there was no telling just how good he was going to be?!? 😥

They call this bad racing luck !!! ”

Now my thoughts…

Every case is different but I think turns in the tracks are most dangerous and the horses are more likely to bunch there. Racing drivers sometimes overtake on the inside. A curve is a threat in a race. If I was earning 26k a year riding horses I might decide just to ride the straight tracks like Ascot. It might start a trend …or I’d be signing on !!!

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

The sports lawyer on ssr racing debate outlined how tricky it will be for tylicki to win the case. He needs to prove gibbons made a major error in the race and given the stewards didn’t think so and there’s be far worse incidents than this case make it highly unlikely he will win the case. Obviously I have massive sympathy for tylicki but if he wins there could be loads of issues with future cases and of course insurance. It could deter many,many folk from entering the sport due to cost.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Agree colin, have the deepest sympathy with what happened to him, but as a pundit on tv i cannot watch ssr anymore, that bad.

Court case needs to be thrown out, crazy stuff.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.