The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fred Darling 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Fred Darling 2012

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

It is hard to see this having any relevance to the 1000 Guineas. Likely favourite Best Terms looks a suspect stayer for 7f let alone further.

Tim Easterby seldom sends his horses south for a handicap let alone a classic trial. Roger Sez has shown a liking for genuinely soft going and the 9/1 bet365 is sure to disappear in the morning.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28471

It’s nowhere near a given Best Terms will stay on the ground. Clouding over here (10 miles from course). However, there is quite a bit of stamina in the dam’s side and proven on good-soft. Not much pace in the race, unless Switcher takes Best Terms on, Hannon’s filly could get a soft lead (unless held up at this trip) and set a slow pace.

I’d rather take a chance about her staying @ 9/4, outclasses her rivals on form. With a saver on Moonstone Magic.

Value Is Everything
    elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

best terms must be the lay of the century in this. very small so probably won’t train on, and probably won’t stay either in the ground.

bronterre in the greenham looks a suspect favourite as well.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

Braver man than me laying a Richard Hannon Queeen Mary/Lowther winner in this sorry excuse for a Group 3.

She has gone out to almost 5/2 so it would seem more than a few agree with you

I’d have doubts in a better race but Best Terms is hardly tearaway and if she can lead or settle near the leaders I doubt if this lot will get her of the bridle to exploit any stamina limitations.

In short I think she’ll piss up 8)

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

hmmmm… hasn’t trained on

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.