The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Frankel FYI

Home Forums Horse Racing Frankel FYI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

I thought it might be worth giving you folks the heads up re Frankel’s gallop at Headquarters today.

The town is currently buzzing following Sir Henry’s mighty colt’s workout up at the Rowley Mile today.

I headed up the course to take a few more pictures of Frankel who was doing a little pre-racing work on the course.

I stood at the four furlong pole and waited for the gallop. When they came past me Frankel was so laid back he looked half asleep and interestingly he was cutting through the ground completely effortlessly. I say interestingly because it was without question the softest ground I can remember up there for the Guineas meeting in literally decades. There’s actually still standing water asround the six furlong mark, which is almost unheard of here on the fast draining chalk.

I’ve since heard that he breezed the work and looked mighty impressive further down the track.

I just thought you might appreciate a first hand report about the gallop. Here’s the trio flying at the four furlong marker.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

Thanks for that Hammy and great to see him back after that scare.

SeaBirdII
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Here’s the clip of the world’s best in action! Just love watching his strides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-iy10awBDc

Hammy
    • Total Posts 516

It’s funny but I got the impression he was completely relaxed when they passed me today. I’ve watched the gallop on Youtube since and he did take a keen hold.

I guess he justs makes running look so easy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.