The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Foxrock; would you supplement for GC?

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2015 Foxrock; would you supplement for GC?

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3365

"Gingertipster":xhlcyqqz wrote: Is it worth the outlay?

Yes.

That sounds very much to me as if you consider it value for money.

From a racing fan’s view, both Foxrock and Coneygree running in the Gold Cup would be a positive and could only enhance the race but neither could be considered the percentage call if running, at least prior to the race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31721

If I were the owners and had between a 5 and 10% chance of winning the absolute best race in the calander, I’d have thought the supplementary well worth paying for Foxrock.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Going by a The Gold Cup market on Betfair, he won’t be getting supplemented.

Spot on, Ted Walsh said on radio this evening that he wouldn’t be supplemented.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Speaking about it he said something along the lines of “you can’t go for the gold cup as an afterthought,it’d be like waking up one day and deciding you’re going to play for Ireland” good old Ted

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

It always looked unlikely he’d be supplemented. It only ever seemed that about three firms were offering odds on him for the race across the Oddschecker site.

It’s a sensible decision. The horse had just the one run that put him anywhere near the required standard and we have yet to see how good Carlingford Lough will prove as a contender himself.

Lord Windermere, Boston Bob and On His Own are all horses that head to Cheltenham with plenty to prove. Time may show it wasn’t the greatest Irish Hennessey ever run.

Nice to see Ted Walsh keep his feet in the ground and not get pulled in by the hype. No doubt if Simon Holt were in charge of decision making he would be seeing if there was any way to squeeze the horse into this year’s Derby:-

“And it’s Richard Hughes completing the dream last Derby ride as he brings Foxrock through with a perfectly timed challenge to mow down Ol’ Man River and Sir Isaac Newton and lift the 2015 Derby for Ted Walsh and Godolphin, who bought the horse yesterday.”

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 102

Supplemented for the Ryanair

I'd like to live in a place where they cordon off swans...
Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.