The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Football Scarp and Dip

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Football Scarp and Dip

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

greetings to you all from a long time lurker.

this forum has earnt me a few quid in recent months (special thanks to tankyman, among others) so i thought i should try and return the favour.

i have been following this system for the past 2 seasons, both years seeing a steep rise in lsp <br>(just over 8 and 12 points respectively) up to the beginning of november, following which there was a shallow decline in profits to less than 0.5 points in both seasons. <br>Obviously last year i recognised the trend and got out while still in a healthy profit, just following the selections on paper from then on, though i have no idea why november is a significant turning point.

selections will be rare, one or two a week at most, <br>but hopefully it will be a case of quality over quantity.

as well as keeping a record of lsp, this year i will be giving each selection a rating (between 1-5pts), mainly based on an addition to the system which i have been tinkering with, and to a lesser extent my own personal feelings on the likely outcome.

i hope a few of you will be following my system (only until november of course;) ), ive got full confidence in it, and i wish you all the best of luck.

and so onto todays selection:

WOLVES to win at stoke (11/8) – fairly confident in this one, rated at 3pts

good luck

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

Good luck with this KM, nice to see someone have a go at the football.

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5823

Best of luck for the new season.

Welcome to TRF.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Can I add my welcome KM & wish you the best of luck with your system. Will be following with interest.

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

thankyou all for your kind wishes. <br>the system’s off to an inauspicious start, hopefully it can only get better from here.

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

forgot to post the running totals last week:<br>lsp -1<br>my ratings -3

todays selection is WEST HAM to beat wigan (evens with hills), rated at 3 pts

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

lsp -2<br>my ratings -6

i shouldve known this sytem would shrivel like a salted snail as soon as i let it out into the open.<br>its gonna be a thin christmas this year.:(

oh, and Huddersfield to DRAW with Hartlepool (11/5) rated 2pts.

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

so thats -3 and -8 then

todays selections are Arsenal to DRAW with Middlesbrough (7/2) rated 4 pts

and WBA to DRAW with Aston Villa (2/1, though a couple of smaller firms are offering 9/4) rated 4 pts, very nearly 5 but not quite.

i imagine very few of you, if any, have been backing the selections to date (i certainly hope not, and if you have i cant apologise enough), but i would highly recommend that today should be the day you join in. i have had a pretty good record on draws in previous years, in particular when there has been more than one selection on the same day. of course, we only need one to come in to make a profit, albeit a small one, but i think at the moment id be grateful for anything

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Hi KM,

Keep your chin up mate. If it was easy everyone would be doing it & no one would work :biggrin:

Early days yet, don’t throw the towel in a footie system makes a nice change :cool:

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

thanks for the support snowman, but dont worry i wont be giving up any time soon. the systems worked in the past, and im sure it will again now, just its got off to a bad start this season. plus ive got plenty of other systems to inflict on you all i the coming months:biggrin:

oh and we’re back up to -2 and -4 after the first winning selection so far, the first of many no doubt:biggrin:

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Congratulations on your first win KM

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

MANSFIELD to beat Northampton (5/4), rated 2pts

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

mansfield won 4-1, so:<br>level stakes: -0.75<br>ratings: -1.5

todays selection is MILLWALL to beat Watford (4/5), but it only just scrapes into consideration, and gets the minimum 1pt rating

Khotso Moabi
    • Total Posts 36

millwall lost 2-0, so: <br>level stakes: -1.75 <br>ratings: -2.5

todays selection is Manchester Utd to beat Liverpool (evens, Hills). this should really only be a 4 point selection, but im so keen on a home win, and liverpool have sold danny murphy;) , so im going for a maximum 5 point rating.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Hi KM,

Well done with Mansfield – a comfortable win and an acceptable price in a 3 horse race (5/4).

Can I ask you a question re your points system? Is this rating simply a reflection of your confidence in the bet or are you staking more on the higher rated selections?

Personally I’ve layed Man Utd tonight, so forgive me if I don’t wish you good luck! ;) :biggrin:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.