The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Follow the Plan, connections deserve a cheer

Home Forums Horse Racing Follow the Plan, connections deserve a cheer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1373

I have to congratulate the connections of Follow the Plan. I remember when he won a grade 1 novice at Leopardstown, the general feeling was that it proved the novice chasers weren’t up to much. Then when he won the grade 1 at Punchestown last year, he was reckoned a lucky winner; a few fallers, Kauto not running his race etc.
    I always thought he was being too highly tried, running out of his depth, and less ambitious targets would have been more appropriate. I’m delighted to have been proved wrong; the horse was in form, the ground was right, the others had been to Cheltenham, he received a beautiful patient ride, settled at the back, along the inside.
    I reckon he would have won more easily if not for hitting the front to soon.

Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

I have to congratulate the connections of Follow the Plan. I remember when he won a grade 1 novice at Leopardstown, the general feeling was that it proved the novice chasers weren’t up to much. Then when he won the grade 1 at Punchestown last year, he was reckoned a lucky winner; a few fallers, Kauto not running his race etc.
    I always thought he was being too highly tried, running out of his depth, and less ambitious targets would have been more appropriate. I’m delighted to have been proved wrong; the horse was in form, the ground was right, the others had been to Cheltenham, he received a beautiful patient ride, settled at the back, along the inside.
    I reckon he would have won more easily if not for hitting the front to soon.

Did you back him?

befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1373

nope

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1602

Hear hear!

The horse is tougher than old boots and the win clearly meant an awful lot to the connections. Most enjoyable to watch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.