The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Flat horses to follow 2012

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Flat horses to follow 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7069

My 3 are all only maiden winners

IMPERIAL MONARCH

Won on debut very well he did he does not lack speed as well when he goes further up in trip a strong pace at 1m4 will see him at his best.And already this year 3horses have come from that maiden and won already.

WAS

Won on debut very nice she did though drifted on the day she was going very well in race she had a listed and group 3 winner in Coral Wave behind her to.The forgotten horse she is many people look at Wading and Kissed but i think WAS will be better.

THE FUGUE

Though she wants a test of stamina she showed a nifty change of gear to win at 7f at Newmarket.The 3rd was miles back as well.
    Wants further and will come into her own when going up to 1m4

Any horses from you guys.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

Cheers,Darren, will keep an eye on those. Great to have the flat kicking back into life again. :D Roll on the Craven!

I have 13 worth keeping an eye on this season imo…

Aljamaaheer

Won a backend maiden at Yarmouth impressively. Roger Varian trains, has a Derby entry.

Born To Sea

Half brother to the the legendary Sea The Stars. Ignore the Killavullen, he finished lame.

Deacon Blues

Has serious gears. Should win a Group 1 sprint in 2012.

Hallelujah

Hasn’t been seen since last June. Looked very impressive at Kempton that day.

Immortal Verse

Beat Goldikova in the Marois last August. Interrupted prep for the QEII, still ran well. Seriously talented imo.

Intransigent

With a very good trainer, trounced his rivals at Kempton on second outing, displaying a nice turn of foot in the process.

Pastoral Player

Improved loads during 2011. Tough battle hardened handicapper . Talented on his day hopefully competitive in the big 6-7f hertitage handicaps at decent prices.

Sea Of Heartbreak

Bit speculative this one, but I love these globe trotting fillies. She beat Mahbooba in Canada last Autumn, form subsequently franked emphatically in Dubai by the latter since.

Snow Fairy

Delighted she stays in training. Almost unbeatable in the Far East where ample early pace and short home straights play right into her hands. A crack at the King George please, Ed.

Snow Hill

Has been marked down as a soft ground horse, but that may not be the case at all considering he’s still unexposed and ahead of the handicapper imo. No reason he cant win a handicap or two this year.

Starscope

Another backend winner on debut, this time in a Newmarket heat that has produced good horses. 1000 Guineas entry.

Switchback

Don’t know if Stoute will keep this as a 4yo, will be a good sign if he does. Improved as the season went on last year, culminating in victory at Beverley

Winter Memories

"The Grey Blur In The Stretch" – Impossible to believe she cant win again at a high level in the States in ’12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kS7HR1X2E

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Deacon Blues is out for the season, it was reported several weeks ago I’m afraid.
    Snow Fairy probably wont return to the track until after the King George due to injury.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4453

A couple from my 2 stables to follow this year – Sir H and M Al Zarooni

Mandeaen

(M al Z) – unbeaten Group 1 winner transferred from Andre Fabre. Godolphin’s Derby horse possibly.

Discourse

(M al Z) – winner of the 1,000 Guineas

World Domination

(Sir Hen) – watch this one fulfil his promise this year. There were excuses for his last two runs (chipped bone) and he is now working well with Twice Over.

Noble Mission

(Sir Hen) – reportedly done very well over the winter and is at the top of the pecking order along with….

Wrotham Heath

– may need cut but very highly regarded.

Popular

– Midday’s sister and eyecatcher in backend Kempton maiden.

In addition I like

Fiorente

from Sir M’s yard who pulled a muscle when finishing second to Namibian but who was thought of as King George material and

Abtaal

from France who could win the French or possible English 2,000.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

the book i won in the cheltenham competition has some very interesting horses indeed.

there is a horse i like the look of, that the author of the book, martin julian does as well, which is called ‘Lashyn’. unraced, trained by SMS and cost $625,000 as a yearling. reported to be showing something at home.

interesting as it is half sister to one of my favourite past horses, gentlemans deal. optimum trip 6f.

i also have a main horse to follow, which again, the author of the book rates as his nap of the season, sea moon.

i cant seem to find this horse in any betting on odds checker, so whether anyone has any news, or any prices, please feel free to let me know.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Depending on when Lashyn comes to hand and how much he has shown at home, I would suspect he would have a run before Royal Ascot. If he makes a winning debut then either the Jersey or St James Palace (though would probably have more than one run if going for the latter).
    Sea Moon would appear ground dependant, although he has run on firmer ground, he is clearly better on slow going. The Coronation Cup might seem a logical target though I cannot see him being suited to the challenges of Epsom. The Hardwicke is another possibility although the Grand Prix de St Cloud is a race the trainer has targeted in the past.

Though whether his trainer still retains his ability or has succumbed to Bacchanalian delights only time will tell.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I suspect he’s the type of horse that will be prominent in the betting a lot when he reappears, but Teacher has the look of a horse likely to improve massively as a 3-y-o. A gross 2-y-o, with loads of substance, was far too green in 3 outings turned out quickly in September/October, but he’s Highclere owned, cost €120,000 as a yearling and strikes as the support to progress quite quickly up the handicap ranks if William Haggas can get him in a race from an opening mark of 41. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him rated closer to 90 by the end of the year.

Blessed Martin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 91

A couple from my 2 stables to follow this year – Sir H and M Al Zarooni

Mandeaen

(M al Z) – unbeaten Group 1 winner transferred from Andre Fabre. Godolphin’s Derby horse possibly.

Discourse

(M al Z) – winner of the 1,000 Guineas

World Domination

(Sir Hen) – watch this one fulfil his promise this year. There were excuses for his last two runs (chipped bone) and he is now working well with Twice Over.

Noble Mission

(Sir Hen) – reportedly done very well over the winter and is at the top of the pecking order along with….

Wrotham Heath

– may need cut but very highly regarded.

Popular

– Midday’s sister and eyecatcher in backend Kempton maiden.

In addition I like

Fiorente

from Sir M’s yard who pulled a muscle when finishing second to Namibian but who was thought of as King George material and

Abtaal

from France who could win the French or possible English 2,000.

Are any of Sir H’s likely to be up to classic class Joni? I presume from the betting Noble Mission and Wrotham Heath might be aimed at the Derby.
    With the fillies I thought Fragonard run well in her only race as a 2 year old but slightly concerned that she wasn’t seen out again since July. As you say Popular ran a nice race on the AW at Kempton

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Would that be the Blessed Martin de Porres?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4453

Are any of Sir H’s likely to be up to classic class Joni? I presume from the betting Noble Mission and Wrotham Heath might be aimed at the Derby.
    With the fillies I thought Fragonard run well in her only race as a 2 year old but slightly concerned that she wasn’t seen out again since July. As you say Popular ran a nice race on the AW at Kempton

Hi BM. I get the feeling he really likes Noble Mission and this one has been mentioned several times in gallops reports. If any are going to make up into classic types this one could be it. However the lack of rain has meant that the Newmarket turf gallops are closed and the horses really need to be working on grass to bring them on. This one is still a maiden so will have to progress very quickly even to be in contention to line up at Epsom.

My guess is you will see a number of those mentioned above in the opening maidens at Newmarket and Newbury but they would need to be winning those impressively to then earn a crack at a trial.

Wrotham Heath has at least won already and I would imagine you could see him in that conditions race at Newbury that Light Shift won a few seasons ago.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Scotia
    • Total Posts 111

Quest For Peace

Luca Cumani ex Coolmore

Galileo (IRE) (11.1f) — Play Misty For Me (IRE) (Danehill Dancer (IRE) (8.2f))

Has improved with increase in distance. Has Australian owners and could be Melbourne Cup bound.

deeman
    • Total Posts 103

Lashyn is running today 3:15 Newbury, the Stoute yard not really firing atm but some good vibes about this horse.
    Interesting to see how it runs.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

Ok she was never going going to win, but Starscope from my ones’s to follow ran way above her 33/1 on Sunday. Wait ’til the ground dries out for her…

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

First pattern win for Pastoral Player over the weekend at Haydock. Diamond Jubilee next?

Aljamaheer showed his turn of foot winning at Newmarket a few weeks back. Off to the The Jersey next by the looks of it.

Hallelujah did well in 2nd at Ripon. She’ll win before too long.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

Three great picks by Darren in the opening post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.