Flat Handicap Notebook 2019

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Flat Handicap Notebook 2019

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Thought I’d use this to try and spot a few worth following.

The first two aren’t really “Notebook” horses as far as I’m concerned, as I mention them enough anyway.

Justanotherbottle
    Absolutely miles better than we seen at Ayr last autumn, and already given a chance by the handicapper. Just the type to win a big one, and I think he will.

A Momentofmadness
    No real surprise to see him in here. Excuses during the week, and surely a case of “when”, rather than “if” for him.

The Mouse Doctor
    Absolutely no luck in running, in big Handicap, The Petingo, at Leapordstown last year. He’s actually been lowered a pound for that, which is excellent, considering he’s a winner that got away, and I’m patiently waiting on him.

Protected Guest
    Ran a cracker on his reappearance, and interestingly, he wasn’t knocked about when his chance of winning had gone (should have made frame). I liked him for Hunt Cup, but he’s struggling to get in there surely. He’ll be of serious interest around the likes of Ascot or Goodwood.

Chiefofchiefs
    He’s had a few disappointments now, but I’m staying loyal, and still very interested in him this year, and The Golden Mile or Cambridgeshire, look feasible targets.

Argentello
    He might head out of Handicaps eventually, but the manner of his win at Kempton last year is hard to forget.

Numerian
    Joseph O’Brien inmate. Hard to pinpoint exactly where he’ll go, but I’ve seen a definite bit of potential I think.

Markhan
    I’ve been keeping an eye on him for a while now, and hard to figure exactly what the plan is, but from what I’ve seen, I think there is a definite plan.

Isomer
    No luck in running first time out, but he fair caught the eye, and he’ll surely make amends this summer.

Squats
    Hard to catch right, but no Ill effects for his stable switch, as seen at Ascot yesterday, where I thought he ran a very encouraging race for his new yard. I’ve bet him a few times in the past, and all about timing with him.

Gumball
    Really impressive so far, and if the stamina stretches, then surely a real Cesarewitch candidate.

Cliffs of Dooneen
    In the best of hands since leaving Aidan O’Brien, and I’m fairly certain he’s got one in him this season. He could be another one for The Cesarewitch.

Eeh Bah Gum
    Don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet, and should mop up a couple up north this year.

Tricorn
    Not concerned with his low key debut for new stable. Seems perfect type for something like the Scottish Stewards Cup. Might get a chance to see him this week at York.

Rock Eagle
    Love this horse, and another one who surely has a future away from Handicaps. Possibly staying the Handicap route for now, with an entry in The Jorvik this week, where I think he looks a solid price at 9’s. I hope he goes.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 977

Markhan won a hurdle race over in the US at the weekend Bobby, FYI :good:

I’m tracking Eh Bah Gum & Rock Eagle also, think they’ve definitely races in them.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Interesting Kev, taking a step back, and totally missed that with Markhan. Even more interested in him now, and would still be interested in him for the flat. Just hope he comes home from the states though lol

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Delighted with the run of Eeh Bah Gum the other day, while Bottle liked as if he needed it. Hopefully can nab a price on him when he’s good to go.

I’m not really betting just now, but I did bet that pair.

Tricorn was predictably outclassed at York, but I remain hopeful of a few returns from him once sights are lowered. I might even go and see him if he runs at Hamilton, which I fully expect him to do.

I haven’t got round to watching the runs of Gumball or The Mouse Doctor yet, but hopefully I’ll see something positive.

Hope you collected from EBG Kev.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Very happy with Eeh Bah Gum last week, and he’s surely a winner in waiting.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

After a few disappointments, a lot better today, with Numerian placing at 50’s in The Britannia. Didn’t get a clear passage, and should have been much closer. Him and Eeh Bah Gum giving the thread a respectable look so far.

Tricorn back out tomorrow, and after showing a bit more last time, I’m hoping for more progress without getting his head in front, with Hamilton in mind.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.