The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Flat Handicap Notebook 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Flat Handicap Notebook 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17330

Usual thread for a few I’ll be keeping an eye out for.

Annie B – I’ve no idea where she’ll go, but looked a very bright prospect for Joseph O’Brien.

Chiefofchiefs – He made the list last year, but ultimately disappointed. His run in The Balmoral was a huge eyecatcher though, and he’s still one I’m very interested in.

Dalton Highway – Mr Dependable, who should hopefully continue to be an EW steal in all the big staying handicaps in Ireland.

Overwrite – Lightly raced 3yo from the Mark Johnston yard, who really caught my eye at Newcastle on Tuesday. Will surely be winning this year.

Protected Guest – Another of last year’s crop, and he did pay his way, with a real cheeky win at Yarmouth at very nice odds. I just thought that he could build on it, and that they were desperate to hold back a bit at the same time. I honestly give him a chance in The Ebor, and the 100’s is tempting.

Red Epaulette – (Abroad)

Romantic Proposal – Very very impressive last year, just loved the way she coped with big competive handicaps. Surely more to come.

Ropey Guest – Highly tried last year, and never disgraced. Coming, surely, to a big Handicap at Ascot or Goodwood this year.

It goes without saying that this list will be added to as the season goes along, and there’ll certainly be a few that have slipped my mind, and will be added shortly.

• Total Posts 17330

Really happy with the run of Agincourt during the week, and she looks nailed on to land a nice handicap this season, while I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to be very encouraged by Rock Eagle yesterday.

• Total Posts 17330

Protected Guest has other options, but I thought he was worth risking at 40’s for The Hunt Cup, while I know its a Group 2, but I thought Agincourt was worth chancing same price in The Duke of Cambridge.

• Total Posts 17330

After that today, this thread might not be the right place for Agincourt.

Delighted with her.

• Total Posts 17330

Can’t really ask for more than that for the thread, and already paid it’s way.

Agincourt 66’s EW
    Ropey Guest 66’s EW
    Overwrite 40’s EW
    Chiefofchiefs 50’s WON

Only Protected Guest let the side down, but I’d expect to collect from him before the seasons out.

Romantic Proposal entered at Curragh next Saturday, and hopefully she’ll line up, and run well.

• Total Posts 17330

Gulliver – First time I’ve bet him in The Wokingham there, and was happy with him. Predominantly a 6f horse, but I’d love to see him stepped up too.

Ebury – Early fancy for me for The Lincoln and The Hunt Cup this year, but he missed both. Obviously it would’ve been some performance if he’d run in this years Lincoln, never mind won it. Flagged up by TheTinMan87 on the Ascot thread, and it looks a fair shout. Cambridgeshire or Golden Mile?

Its’afreebee – Smashing run in The Queen Alexandra, and there’s a good staying Handicap in him. Questionable whether he’d be good enough for The Cesarewitch, but there’s a race in him.

It also goes without saying that old regulars Euchen Glen and Justanotherbottle will be winning a big prize this term. Bottle already looking a nice Plot horse.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

Bloody hell Bobby, the notebook has done superbly so far. Nice :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

• Total Posts 17330

Thanks Jack, was an unreal week for the thread, hopefully I can get a few more out of it.

• Total Posts 17330

Romantic Proposal confirmed for Millenium Millionaire at Curragh on Saturday, and opened at a very decent looking 17-2.

Hoping for bigger as well, but for now that seems fair.

• Total Posts 17330

Very disappointed with Romantic Proposal yesterday, but should get that cash back this season.

Overwrite back out at Windsor. He doesn’t actually appeal too much around 4’s, but I’ll be cheering him on alright.

Dalton Highway is running at The Curragh, and he’s in a hot race, but surely can get involved.

Another one I’m going to add to the thread is Ayr Harbour. Early days with him, but he fair caught my eye at Newmarket, and could be worth following.

• Total Posts 17330

Great performances for the thread today.

Overwrite was very impressive from the front at Windsor, and I thought he won more comfortably than the winning margin suggested.

As for Dalton Highway. Just love that horse, and as I said at the start of the thread, he’s Mr Dependable. The 14’s was insane, and he’s definitely got more to offer.

A good day.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2516

This thread is on fire haha!

My bet in the race finished 2nd to Dalton Highway!

Well done again!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

• Total Posts 17330

Thanks Jack.

I like that second as well, and he’s surely got a win in him this year.

• Total Posts 17330

Looking through The Ebor market, and interesting to see one in there, who I had toyed with putting on this thread.

Omnivega – He’s got zero chance right now of getting in The Ebor, but if all is well with him, then one to keep an eye on this season. He improved immensely on the All Weather during the winter, and everything pointed to further progression. Hopefully see him out soon.

• Total Posts 17330

I was very happy with Euchen Glen today, and it looked a good prep for The Ebor.

Half the thread seems to be entered up this week, but I’ll hold off with thoughts till I see Sat/Sun entries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.