The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Final furlongs failed flutters V2

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Final furlongs failed flutters V2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

With the site now running smoothly and no chance of missing putting up selections have decided to start again.

Previous thread lasted almost exactly a year and finished with a £150 profit, which given it was a year of lost photo finishes and other close seconds I was very happy with.

After an excellent time durinh Cheltenham, Royal Ascot and Goodwood I rather lost my discipline during york and put on plenty of bets on horses i didnt really fancy. So thought starting this up again and having to put my reasoning in the public domain would bring my discipline back.

Have a few in the pipeline for this weekend, will update as bets are placed.

FF91 :good:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2747

Good luck FF91 :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Got a few ante post free bets worth mentioning

Actually have quite a few silly little ones but don’t want to aftertime prices so will only put up the ones iv previously mentioned elsewhere on the forum

1) Siskin 10/1 breeders cup mile £10 free bet
    2) Space Blues (foret) Palace Pier (QE2) £10 and £5 free bet. Total potential win £134.50
    3) Space Blues (foret) call the wind (cadran) £10 free bet returns £93.13 (placed this monday)

Have loads for Cheltenham already too as paddy have given away tonnes of £1 free bets which I have put on doubles but I cant be bothered to list them and I never mentioned them at the time so prices are generally lower

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

3:10 Salisbury

Happy Romance 5/2 £20 win

Big fan of this horse, was very much against her if she ran on Saturday over 7f but at a more suitable distance think she has a cracking chance

And at 5/2 there is a little meat still on the bone pricewise

P/L -£20

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Excellent start with Happy Romance winning well despite getting bumped and shuffled back at the start

Definitely deserves a chance in group 2 or 1 company

And even returned 11/4

Betfair Sprint Cup

Art power 15/2 £11.50 win
    Hello Youmzain 7/2 £3.50 win

Skybet are paying 4 places each way which was very tempting but since Art Power struggled in group 1 company in the Nunthorpe a saver seems the better option

The hope is that he just got taken off his feet at york and the step up to 6f will help him show his true colours

And 15/2 is a much better price than he went off against superstar sprinter battaash. There are no superstars in this race and he looks the value to me at the current prices.

Hello youmzain seemed the obvious saver to have, record at the track is 211 including the race last year. Ran much more like it last time finishing 2nd to the top class space blues in France and winner of the diamond jubilee.

+£40

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17532

Great start FF, good luck with the thread.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Prix du moulin

Circus Maximus 5/1 £10 win

Pains me to back against Siskin having backed him in every one of his starts so far, but he had his ideal conditions at goodwood and still couldn’t pass CM

So i can’t see how he reverses that form here

I also don’t like Pinatubo at the prices at all, has looked a non stayer in both his runs over a mile this season

Circus Maximus will likely get an easy lead and will hopefully take all the passing

+£30

If siskin wins my toys will be thrown out the pram :wacko:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

No luck in the two big group 1s on the weekend but a good weeks racing to have a go at this week

Donny Wednesday 3:15

Althiqa 6/1 £5 e/w 4 places

Has run plenty of solid races in her career so far and still seems to have the scope for improvement

Fancy her to run a big race in this for buick and appleby

Her 3rd behind One Master and valeria messalina at goodwood looks the stand out piece of form and with 4 places will hopefully be an e/w bet to nothing

+£20

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

1) Siskin 10/1 breeders cup mile £10 free bet
    2) Space Blues (foret) Palace Pier (QE2) £10 and £5 free bet. Total potential win £134.50
    3) Space Blues (foret) call the wind (cadran) £10 free bet returns £93.13 (placed this monday)

Qualified for a skybet £5 free bet this week

4) call the wind (cadran) golden pal (BCJT) returns £60

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

4:05 goodwood

Different Face 9/4 £20 win

His form behind yazaman and acklam express reads well in the context of this race

Surely has a few Lbs in hand if the step up to 6f eckes out a bit of improvement

Was running on at Chester last time, when stall 1 got loose on the front as happens very often there, so every hope the extra furlong won’t be a problem

+£0

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Park hill stakes

Pista 8/1 £5 e/w

fascinating runner for Joseph obrein, can see alpinista being massively overbet after finishing second to love

I’d be very dubious about the value of that form myself and think she is open to be taken on and the Irish filly is completely unexposed

-£10

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Flying childers

Steel Bull £10 e/w 5/1

Looked very good at goodwood winning far easier than the margin suggests after tanking through the race

Can completely draw a line through his next run as he whacked the stalls so hard he broke 3 teeth. Horse teeth are apparently very hard so mustve walloped it and been completely punch drunk during the race.

Its a good race but there was something taking about the way he travelled on debut and at goodwood.

-£30

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Thought Althiqa had that with a furlong to go but the winner did it well in the end

-£19

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

Nice win from pista but a shame about the 30p rule 4

1:40 Doncaster
    Volcanic sky 5/1 £10 win (money back as cash 2nd)

Travelled well over 2 miles last time before fading late on

Drop back in trip should suit and hopeful of a big run

3:15 Doncaster

Red Verdon 7/1 £10 win

Has to give a penalty after winning a gp 2 in France which will make things tough but this price just looks to big to me

He beat Called to the bar that day which is very solid form

+£4.60

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2006

3:45 doncaster Friday

Royal Scimitar £3.50 win 9/1
    Spycatcher £6.50 win 4/1

St leger

Galileo Chrome 7/1 £7.50
    Santiago 3/1 £2.50

Champagne stakes

Devious Company £5 win 8/1

Park stakes

One Master £15 win 100/30

-£35.40

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.