The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Films…..

Home Forums Lounge Films…..

Viewing 17 posts - 358 through 374 (of 380 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I saw Lone Survivor yesterday, I’d been looking forward to it for a while and it didn’t disappoint, it was brilliant.

Also saw The Wolf Of Wall Street recently, a good film I thought but could have done with being half an hour shorter imo.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

We saw All is Lost a few weeks back [the Robert Redford in a boat film]. Boy was it dire. I spoke to a friend who sails the other night and she told me it wasn’t just me; the film was complete and utter rubbish. Oscar nominated as well, I believe :?: Going to see the Tilda Swinton vampire film soon, and the Dickens one. Oh, and the George Clooney one. Lot of good films around at the moment.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16965

I’ve recently been sorting through a lot of old photos and stuff and found my old Fan Club folder, including a letter from Midge when I’d just got contact details for the open day. Very bitter sweet going through it all

Happy Days, I’m still in touch in a small way with Midge as we send each other Christmas cards. She was very kind to my daughter Louise when she was ill and sent her a plait of Dessies mane which is her most treasured possession but I find it very hard to take it out of it’s special box and handle it without getting tearful.

Midge and John are both quite poorly, but Midge always draws strength from those magical days with ‘Himself’ and the days of the Jazz Band on the lawn at Ab Kettleby, the Racing Trophys on display and the Fan Club that made her so many true friends.

I think she has drawn great strength from that Moe, and would love to hear from you if you ever wished to write. I’ll never forget Richard Burridge lifting my daughter up onto Dessies back for a photo and the look on her face, I’m sure it helped her get through her own battle.
    I’m convinced Dessie was a Unicorn sent from heaven. :D

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Could you pm her address to me? I’d love to thank her for the happiness she brought into my life.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16965

I’d be pleased to Moe, look out for it later tonight, I’ll dig out my address book after dinner. :D

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I saw Lone Survivor yesterday, I’d been looking forward to it for a while and it didn’t disappoint, it was brilliant.

Also saw The Wolf Of Wall Street recently, a good film I thought but could have done with being half an hour shorter imo.

These are the two outstanding films Ive seen in the past year or so.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Get in goonies 2, bring it on……….. :D

http://news.sky.com/story/1238488/goonies-director-confirms-sequel-will-happen

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1401

I’m wishing my life away to see the new Godzilla film that’ll be out next month.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

I used to love those monster films when I was a kid; saw one once called Reptilicus where a tail grew into a dinosaur and terrorosed somewhere [probably New York; usually is].

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQqmHQMJBY
    Godzilla won’t be a patch on this [wasn’t New York, though].

Participant
    • Total Posts 1401

"From some God-forsaken, antimatter galaxy" … I reckon the Giant Claw would own Reptilicus :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOj0nXpRqX8

Jeez, you have to laugh!

I’m a huge fan of monster movies (as well as Horror, Sci-Fi and Superhero films). When I was a toddler, I watched Jason and the Argonauts with my parents and the scene with Talos nearly gave me nightmares. The moment when Talos (kneeling on his pedestal) turns his head and stares down at Hercules had me frozen with dread.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K07q5AiGbM
    I watched this one over and over again [can still watch it now]. It all started with me watching The Pathfinders tv series.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX0UG_H4QOA
    they don’t make them like that any more, do they….

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

I’m wishing my life away to see the new Godzilla film that’ll be out next month.

Bet it won’t be as good as this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1YmMbQxow

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I am getting old now and have seen them all including No Country for Old Men.However my fav. movie of all times is Shane.My brother owned a greyhound that he called Wilson (the hired gun)from the movie.Wilson, because he was "fast,very fast" as Shane(Alan Ladd) said when questioned by the kid(Brandon deWilde).

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

I am getting old now and have seen them all including No Country for Old Men.However my fav. movie of all times is Shane.My brother owned a greyhound that he called Wilson (the hired gun)from the movie.Wilson, because he was "fast,very fast" as Shane(Alan Ladd) said when questioned by the kid(Brandon deWilde).

Me too (getting old). Saw Shane again a couple of times last month, quality film and Jack Palance was excellent as Wilson.

Also saw a low budget cowboy film with Alan Ladd last month that I’d never seen before called One Foot in Hell, good script by Aaron Spelling, it was excellent with one or two unusual twists, would recommend seeing that.

Modern films leave me cold, can’t see me ever going to the cinema again, was looking forward to War Horse and fully expected to like it but found it very disappointing.

Caught Goodbye Mr Chips with Robert Donat & Greer Garson the other day, one of my all time favs.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Just noticed that Seabiscuit is on ITV3 now. Been on since 10.05 so I’ll catch it another time. Not seen it but did enjoy reading the book.

Viewing 17 posts - 358 through 374 (of 380 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.