The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Favourite horse of all time…..

Home Forums Horse Racing Favourite horse of all time…..

Viewing 16 posts - 35 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 81

Jumps it has to be Dessie. Not seen another horse with his charisma, guts and toughness. He knew he was good!

On the flat its Lochsong. Over 5f she was fantastic to watch and a case of catch me if you can!

wfordman
    • Total Posts 6

Very rare to see a horse with the guts and determination to win as he had.

Also, proving to be a fantastic sire.

• Total Posts 4293

Triptych

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

What A Myth, Persian War, Snowtown Boy and Rondetto were my favourites from way back but Kauto Star and Binocular I fell in love with from the first day I saw them. In between times Rhyme n Reason, Jodami, Aristo Treat and Cloudwalker were 4 favs.

Outside of anything I’ve owned, overall I’d like to say it’s Binocular but really it’s Kauto Star who has become my fav of all time………..According to the bookies who make him 5/2 for the King George 2010 he’s on his way out :roll: They’ll shoving their trends where the monkey shoved it’s nuts when I get paid out Decemeber 26th :mrgreen: Bit more history left in the old fellow yet.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Jumps Flyingbolt

Flat Ticonderoga paid for my secondary school education , ridden by Dermot Weld on his 16 th Birthday , Galway races 1963

Ricky

Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

Al Eile, I saw him win a 3 yr old hurdle at the C’ham November meeting, looked precocious, but went on for a long and successful career, both flat and hurdles. He never ducked a battle and was a credit to John Queally.
    I haven’t heard from him this year; has he been retired?

stolenhorse
    • Total Posts 46

NH – Red Rum

Flat – Lochsong

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

NH – Kauto Star
    Flat – Peeping Fawn/Zarkava

Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

how quickly we forget; Peeping Fawn was electric, and seemed to be improving with every race. Any progeny yet?

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

not sure, does anyone know what happened to the horse S.Michael Stoute trained called Promising Lead?

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Sea Pigeon, loved him.

Probably Giant’s Causeway on the flat, because he was so tough.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Large Action was just an absolute star!!

He looked very well at the Lambourn Open Day yesterday – it was nice to see the horse box he arrived in was in his colours, blue with pink!

Participant
    • Total Posts 120

Equal 1st – Go-Pontinental, reasonable in his prime, but raced till he was at least 14 and became pretty much useless. I just loved the name.

Equal 1st – Red Rum

Close 3rd – Spanish Steps, The Dikler, Desrert Orchid, Hedgehunter, Crisp, Royal Relief, Brown Lad, Fighting Chance, Black Secret, Red Candle, Denman, Flagship Uberalles, and honourable mention to Flyingbolt, Arkle and Mill House because they were just before I started watching racing

I would love to konow if anyone out there knows what happened to Go-Pontinental

My favourite horses - Red Rum, Spanish Steps, Proud Tarquin, Esban, Go-Pontinental, Barona, Charles Dickens, The Dikler, Astbury, Black Secret, Vulgan Town, Huperade, Well To Do, Crisp, Quintus, Argent, Colebridge, Pearl Of Montreal, Nereo, Sonny Somers, Tubs VI, Tartan Ace, Red Candle, L'Escargot, Bula, Beau Bob, Rouge Autumn, Rough Silk, Frodo, Deblin's Green, Prince Tino, Eyecatcher, The Pilgarlic, Captain Christy, Mr Midland, Interview II, Credit Call, My Virginian, Flush Of Diamonds, Scout, Money Ma

Participant
    • Total Posts 1658

Flat-Evening Attire
    Timber-Bubble Economy
    Hurdles-McDynamo
    Chase-Kauto Star

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Burrough HIll Lad is the obvious choice because it’s teh horse I followed from nothing to superstar, but I can’t say I have a prticular soft spot for it. It’s not an "emotional" horse for me, yet I hardly know where to start. The first horse I ever seriously followed was Comedy of Errors, so you can tell I’ll also like Night Nurse, Monksfield, Sea Pigeon and any from that era. Then of course there was Dessy. Laterly there’s Lough Derg, Beef or Salmon (best race ever at Punchestown), and any other horse that battles on forever against the odds. We all love horses with character.

I’m not so keen on the flat but I used to have a soft spot for Ouija Board, Pebbles, Young Mick and now Youmzain.

• Total Posts 149

Only one? Beef or Salmon. If I’m allowed a few more, Thisthatandtother, Bob Back, Ouija Board, Lough Derg, Red Rocks, Voy Por Ustedes and a few more after those!

Viewing 16 posts - 35 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.