The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fallon charged

Home Forums Horse Racing Fallon charged

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 743 total)
  • Author
    guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Dettori was, of course, cautioned by the police for possession of cocaine in the early nineties.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from Racing Daily on 5:17 pm on Nov. 29, 2006[br]Mr Fallon’s position is looking more and more precarious as time passes.  So, that is the UK, Fra, HK and the US.  He would be advised to keep clear of trouble in Ireland, or he will have nothing to ride outside of SA.<br>While this French ban sounds harsh, things are starting to add up.  There are only so many excuses, ya know?<br>

In fact the Chief Executive of the Irish Turf Club states that the French drugs ban is likely to be extended to Ireland as well.<br>

(Edited by Lingfield at 7:34 pm on Nov. 29, 2006)

• Total Posts 1800

adultery, alcoholism, fraud, drugs – all allegedly, of course – with bad luck like that he don’t want to try gambling

fallon for next year’s ‘i’m a celebrity’ ?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

I think he might be rather good at gambling. ;)

Malc Smith
    • Total Posts 61

If he loses this appeal then I would imagine that’s it for him as he said that he would retire if his UK ban wasn’t overturned.  

With this ban it seems that he can only ride in Dubai and in Australia and I can’t see him coming back from this.   This could be a rotten end to a wonderful riding career.

Rosie
    • Total Posts 1

Is this the final nail in his coffin? It seems inevitable that we wont see him ride for Coolmore again, a loss for us all

Does anyone think that he will actually be granted a trainers licence – I don’t think so……………….

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

It’s really only a 3 month ban (a little less, actually) as most of the time is during the close season.

So, I wouldn’t be writing him off just yet.

Also, when’s his court case? Would it be during his ban? If so, he might have been away from racing anyway (because he was in court).

Steve

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Traces of benzoylecgonine, the principal metabolite of cocaine, were found in a sample Fallon submitted.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

..maybe he’d just been counting his money:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/464200.stm

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

..maybe he’d just been counting his money:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

bluechariot
    Participant
    • Total Posts 624

Willoughby made a good point in the Post today.<br>Coolmore will not be happy with this episode in Fallons career but there is no obvious successor to the job. It could be another 20 years before someone of equal ability comes along so why not wait. " If sticking by Fallon is a headache, the alternative is long term malaise"

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

the Aussies say he was clean while with them:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st … 22,00.html

<br>at the end of the day, however fit, KF is a man in his early forties who has constantly put his body through punishment, not least after the arm injury.    

the inland revenue allows flat jockeys – along with other categories of sportsmen – general dispensation to draw pension benefits before they reach 50.

is Willoughby really on the mark in postulating that KF is so exceptional that Coolmore might prefer a KF in his early 60s to be on their horses in preference to any other available jockey ?

(yes, even allowing for lester on royal academy)

let’s get real – time ticks on for us all.

if all his particular troubles evaporated today,  how long anyway would KF realistically have left riding in the top rank ?

best regards

wit

bluechariot
    Participant
    • Total Posts 624

I agree Wit, personally I think he has ridden his last race

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Soumillon is just too European somehow to click in Ireland I suspect. Dettori knows which side his bread is buttered on. Moore is just a little too raw. Spencer would be automatic choice but for the deja vu factor.

Which leaves just one obvious replacement. Riding better than ever, been around the globe and back and generally well respected, so far as I know. Hopefully recovering well from his recent spill.

Kerrin McEvoy!

Of course, writing Fallon off is folly.<br>

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Eddery and Carson bpth rode into their 50’s, neither would be as good as KF imo. Piggot carried on longer, despite being in worse positions. <br>Just can’t see him turning his back on a potential 8 figure income without a fight?

(Edited by reet hard at 8:18 pm on Nov. 30, 2006)

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

rh,

Mick Kinane (age 47) is older than Fallon (41) and IMO a better jockey –  certainly if one counts back to when he was 41.

This is a very rough methodology, but if one wished away all KF’s troubles and gave him a clear run to end of his career in the saddle,    I could see KF following a  similar route to MK:

42                   472                   5.2m

43                   458                   3.9m

44                   470                   3.1m    (MK leaves APOB)

45                   523                   2.5m

46                   354                   3.0 m

47                   413                    2.3m<br> <br>predict: retired by 50.

plausible?

best regards

wit

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Wit,<br>Do you mean that retired sportsman/women can get state pensions when they reach 50?<br>I know that anyone can draw from private pension plans when they reach 50.

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 743 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.