The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

F and M's to the fore.

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks F and M's to the fore.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

can’t recall a year with so many good prospects  right from the start.   <br>Amaretto Rose, Cailin Alainn, Labelthou, Lounaos, Fiddling Again, Gaspara, Asian Maze, Heltornic, and Gemini Lucy just to name a few of the more fancied ones I’m really looking forward to,  and there’s got to be a winner or two amongst them surely and with this weeks big race successess abroad of Miss Finland and Miss Andretti [Australia], Pearl Sky rocketing home at St Cloud yesterday and the highly promising Aga Khan filly Elva [one to note],  where she thrashed Ikat [prev 6 lens behind Finsceal Beo],  by 8 on heavy,  it just might have started  a trend.  Hope so.

Also, I think it’s a shame all the Cheltenham topics have been moved as it makes them seem a little obscure, as if they are out of the way.  Sort of stifles it a bit but maybe it’s better for the admin.

Lovely weather though, Good by friday wouldn’t you say?.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Sorry about the Cheltenham threads Lovely Lady. It was felt that it’d keep the Cheltenham focus clearer if all the Cheltenham threads were in one place.

I know what you mean about them being lost a bit though. I could move them all back if people think that will be better.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Corm. Can you move them higher up the ladder so they sit just underneath ‘Horse Racing’?

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Think the Cheltenham threads should be in here…have only glanced at them in the new place.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Tried to do that when I set it up DJ but you can’t seem to adjust the order.

Perhaps a move back is required?

Anyone else have any views?

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Leave the Cheltenham section where is is, it keeps things tidy, I’ve seen the forum become bombarded with Cheltenham threads over the years and it’s difficult to read at times, at least in the Cheltenham section you know where everything is and if a "First Day" thread is started and everyone that wants to post keeps to the specific day it would make things easier…. too many of you get too excited when Chelts is on and the forum become one huge mess. If we keep everything under one roof as they say then we can all see where we are going.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Jim<br>I disagree.<br>Like many others, (I suspect), I rarely look in the ‘special interest’ parts of this forum, and, having no vested interest in any of them, feel that moving discussion of what is the culmination of the NH season away from the main board does the majority a dis-service.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Since you ask for views Cormack I think the Cheltenham topics were far better in here than in their own forum don’t like the idea at all finding navigation a bit of a pain.

I wouldn’t for a second try and tell you how to do your job but as you asked for opinions I felt inclined to offer mine.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

If that’s the case I think Jim’s suggestion is best. In fact, could the 4 indidual ‘Day x’ threads not be started now and that way the debate stays in the main forum but doesn’t become disjointed with lots of threads started and few replies.

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Jesus there’s no hope for some of you, how easy can it be if there’s a Cheltenham section specifically for Cheltenham???

(D’oh!)

Navigation doesn’t even come into it…

<br>DJ, that’s a great idea and so simple even for some on here :biggrin:  

(Edited by Jim JTS at 4:58 pm on Mar. 11, 2007)

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from Jim JTS on 4:57 pm on Mar. 11, 2007[br]Jesus there’s no hope for some of you, how easy can it be if there’s a Cheltenham section specifically for Cheltenham???

(D’oh!)

<br>Why doesn’t it? It might not for you but it does for other people.

I rarely look at the other forums so now I have to hop between this one and the Cheltenham one. There was nothing wrong with how it was before. why did it have to be changed?

I understand that the main board was supposed to be for general racing and big meetings, they don’t come any bigger than Cheltenham.

I’ll bet there are quite a few people that just generally look at the main forum, I don’t see why the Cheltenham topics had to be moved.

(Edited by Flash at 5:02 pm on Mar. 11, 2007)

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Flash, there are parts of the forum that I don’t post in but I do read them from time to time, there’s more to this forum than just the main racing part, I have never had any problem with navigation of this forum and I can’t understand why anyone else does, after all it’s all mapped out and split into simple categories, all it takes is a simple scroll down to "Cheltenham" and walahhhhh!

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from Jim JTS on 5:05 pm on Mar. 11, 2007[br]Flash, there are parts of the forum that I don’t post in but I do read them from time to time, there’s more to this forum than just the main racing part, I have never had any problem with navigation of this forum and I can’t understand why anyone else does, after all it’s all mapped out and split into simple categories, all it takes is a simple scroll down to "Cheltenham" and walahhhhh!

<br>Again its all about you. YOU do read them from time to time, well some of us don’t (or at least very rarely). It’s just an inconvenience Cheltenham is a huge event and in my opinion it shuold be featured in the main board.

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

It’s not all about me on this forum atall and never has been, it’s not my fault your navigation system is for the knackers yard. ;)

Cheltenham seriously IS a HUGE event and should have it’s OWN section of the forum.

Anyway whatever Corm wants to do I’ll go along with it, it’s his call.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote: from Jim JTS on 4:57 pm on Mar. 11, 2007[br]Jesus there’s no hope for some of you, how easy can it be if there’s a Cheltenham section specifically for Cheltenham???

(D’oh!)

<br>DJ, that’s a great idea and so simple even for some on here :biggrin:  

(Edited by Jim JTS at 4:58 pm on Mar. 11, 2007)<br>

Jim<br>Patronising isn’t the way to make your point!<br>I agree that there are too many threads started to discuss the main races at Cheltenham, but I also appreciate that most other parts of the board aren’t frequented anywhere as much as this thread.<br>To take away the highlight of the whole season from the only board that the majority visit is just plain daft, in my view.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.