The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Favourite Snacks

Home Forums Lounge Favourite Snacks

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Treets (including toffee and nut treets), before they became Minstrels. :roll:
    Country Style (biscuit and raisn chocolate bar … yum ! )

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

The assorted retro websites largely have it that Treets became M&Ms, likewise Peanut Treets Peanut M&Ms. Confused now… :?:

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

The assorted retro websites largely have it that Treets became M&Ms, likewise Peanut Treets Peanut M&Ms. Confused now… :?:

gc

They are wrong. M&Ms are a fraction the size of Treets/Minstrels for a start. I remember quite well the adverts proclaiming the news that Treets would now be known as Minstrels.

• Total Posts 1800

i saw flying saucers in the video shop tonight :)

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

Marathon…regarded by some as the finest combination of nut and chocolate. They are wrong Topic is the ONE. 35p at Sainsbury’s.. don,t tell anyone they dont know what they have on their hands.

A Hazelnut in every bite…………….YUM YUM!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

A Hazelnut in every bite…………….

Just like squirrel dung, but nobody’s suggesting we eat that, too.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

you have probably already eaten worse

paki piss

chinki ****

and white trailer trash snot

every time you eat out!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Five boys chocolate. Similar to Fry’s Cream, but with five diffrent coloured segments instead. Very popular in 60s and 70s.

and whatever happened to… the wee lime centered barrel in Cadbury’s Milk Tray. A scandalous decision to withdraw it without good reason. :x

• Total Posts 2390

I’ve just had a Salt & Vinegar Crisp sandwich on well buttered white crusty bread :D

Can you better that?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Ordinarily I wouldn’t try and compete with the treat that is a crisp sandwich, but I’ve just knocked up a bacon (fat browned and crispy) butty with some leftover stuffing and it was extremely satisfying.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Ice Cream or a bacon roll.

No sauce or any other shoite, just plain and simple.
    :D

.. starving btw.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

All depends on time.

Snack A Jacks Salt and vinegar (or these ones I tried recently which were nicer). For speed and calorie they are pretty good.

A TUC biscuit with a slice of cheese, washed down with a cold coke.

Toast

Cheese On Toast

Cheese and beans on toast

Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle.

Chicago Town Takeaway Pizza (the one that comes in a gey box and bakes in the oven)

Chicago Town Takeaway Pizza (ideally the one that comes in a gey box and bakes in the oven), but with Green Chillis (not jalapenos) and bits of sliced turkey (or chicken) dipped in Reggae Reggae sauce added on top – The pinnacle of good snacking.

Alternatively: Snacking by budget

Whilst working on building sites in my youth, many of lived on a staple diet of Space Raiders, Chomps and Mr Freeze Ice Pops. However, under Gordon Brown, Space Raiders have soared from 10p up to 25p, and I think Chomps were 15p or 20p last time Iooked, and Mr Freeze has probably went under.

Only last week whilst walking back from the pub and calling in for a kebab, I thought about getting something to eat to get me home before starting my kebab. This is when I discovered the magic of Onion Bhaajis and Chilli sauce (obviously both of those are variables dependant on the quality of the kebab shop however).

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

Marmite on a doorstep of thickly-buttered white toast. The jar and label themselves are something of a style icon, and a 2lb catering jar adorns my dressing table.

Staring transfixed at a bar of Bournville then ripping the wrapper off and compulsively hogging it down

gimme the simple pleasures

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

1 Ciabatta halved…drizzle with olive oil and toast lightly.
    1 can baked beans…cooked till piping hot with pepper and salt.
    Spread beans over lightly toasted Ciabatta, grate chedder cheese on top and throw a few torn basil leaves on top if you have them.

10 minutes, heaven on a plate.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

Space Raiders, what great taste you have Bulwark.

Only the red packet though the beef flavour, not so keen on the green packet. Wham bars were great aswell although the dentist didn’t agree.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Love Divine
    • Total Posts 198

Bacon roll, no butter, tomato sauce or tomato sauce flavour crips in a roll/two slices of bread (no crusts) with tomato sauce or warm toast spread with honey with a banana sliced on top.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

honey and banana sandwiches [wholemeal bread]…though I was the only person over the age of 5 who ate honey and bananas; what a relief that someone else does [bet men don’t eat that…..]

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.