The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Excelebration off to Ballydoyle

Home Forums Horse Racing Excelebration off to Ballydoyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1292

He has been withdrawn from his latest intended target following a dirty scope and is now off to Ballydoyle.
    I think Botti has done a really good job of training him. You have to feel sorry for the horse as in many another year he would have been champion miler. Shame that he was the same age as Frankel.
    It will be interesting to see how close he can get to Frankel next year, and if he improves or not for being at Ballydoyle.

Kris Diesis
    • Total Posts 126

Very sad to see this lovely colt packed off to Ballydoyle. Marco Botti did a terrific job with him last season and deserves great praise for managing a superb campaign.

I agree entirely that he’s incredibly unfortunate to run into Frankel. Excelebration is possibly the second best miler we’ve seen in Europe this century, definitely at least on a par with Canford Cliffs, Rock of Gibraltar and Goldikova, that’s my opinion anyway.

It will be interesting to see how he’s campaigned next season. It looks likely Frankel will start off over a mile in the Lockinge and then possibly Queen Anne before he goes to the Eclipse.

What do you guys think? Will Aiden take him on, or maybe avoid Frankel and go to the d’Ispahan instead.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I haven’t a clue whether Ballydoyle will take Frankel on or not. Traditionally they (Coolmore)seldom duck a challenge.They seem to be going on with older horses lately.However they have some good ones of their own coming up at three next yesr.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4453

It will be interesting to see where they go with him especially as they have said they will be campaigning SYT over a mile as well.

I agree that MB has done a great job with him but at least Coolmore have sent him a couple of yearlings as compensation. This guy could be champion trainer one day I reckon.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Rubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Good….in fact great.

Botti Fantastic trainer. He knows the game and will have got a nice little sum in his back pocket no doubt as will he have got a nomination a year after the horse retires.

AOB however is different league for these Group 1 Horses 8)

GodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

He gets something even better than money training for coolmore what a swap he could get sent anything

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.