The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 409 through 425 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Same here; flat racing is very much a learning curve for me and the pedigree side of it is what fascinates me. Any help in the understanding of it is much appreciated. No matter how much I try to study it the sum total of my knowledge is that Pivotals’ need soft ground and Oasis Dreams’ like Nottingham [except when I back them…]. Just to prove how much help I need I’ve just backed Co ordinated Cut ew. [Arazi damsire?]

• Total Posts 174

Just to prove how much help I need I’ve just backed Co ordinated Cut ew

Seems a lot better than backing SNA any which way. :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Well, I thought he’d run well but lose the Derby, but I suppose he’s just another flash-in-the-pan youngster. Hopefully if it’s just a "slight muscle injury" he’ll get back to racing soon, but I have a feeling that isn’t the case.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

I really like Buzzword each-way.

OK, he has never been further than a mile but his distaff side suggests he could stay it. I think the jockey bookings back up my optimism too. Dettori went for the obvious one, so the retained jockey Ahmed Ajtebi must have had the choice of the others.

And yet since Fallon has been called up for Al Zir, that horse is the shorter price. :?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Cape Blanco taken out of Corals Derby betting and drifting barge-like on BF so looks absolutely certain for France.

It is looking more and more an odd Derby.

I think the front two (Jan Vermeer and Workforce) look very short. I wouldn’t like to choose between any of the first half dozen in the market. All have sound claims in that line-up.

Is the money for Jan Vermeer significant because they believe he is a world-beater or did it simply come because people knew he was the one from the team that was going to run?

Also guys, one or two posts on this thread which don’t do the authors much credit. Can we keep it civil and stop the personal jibes/niggles please.

• Total Posts 629

Buzzword…
    12345678…
    SIRPERCY…

There was once a piece on winners with 8 letters! :shock:

Breeders/Owners used to favour 9 for luck! – Motivator!

Ted Spread! :o

Ardrossthegreat
    • Total Posts 303

Id say if SNA was perceived to have run a decent race in the Guineas id say Al Zir ran an even better one 8)

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Zenjah

TEDSPREAD unless we have some late additions. Has as good a chance as any of the current dregs. Goes left handed and the distance.

Like the price too……..

:D :D

• Total Posts 629

This looks remarkably like a ‘Lammtarra’ Derby.

Zeitoper could be exactly the type of horse I am looking for to win this year. Lammtarra won at 16-1 on the day – well that’s what I had!

He will need to be supplemented so I’ll be waiting to see if he is.

At least he had 8 letters! :wink:

• Total Posts 1046

Tedspread will get lapped and supplementary stage has closed hasn’t it?

Rewilding 11/1 e/w

it’s done, joint 2nd rated with more to come, and Jan is in prime position to flop…oh wait it was supposed to be st nic….well what d’ya know :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 629

Like the way form lines with SP’S – were skipped over! :lol:

Anyone cared to check who was on F&G first up?!…

The market is always right! :wink:

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Binocular anybody?

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Binocular anybody?

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Binocular anybody?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Cape Blanco after the morning money seems to have gone the opposite way and looks like he is France bound, Ballydoyle must be sure he doesn’t stay 1m4f cause he is the stand out by a margin with this lot. How Workforce is 2nd fav after being pasted by him is stupid, to be honest its one of the worst Derby markets in quite a while.

• Total Posts 1083

Binocular anybody?

What *decide* to run it at the last minute?

Nah, can’t see it personally.

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Zenjah,

Basically I haven’t got a clue what will win. I have said all along it won’t be SNA. I said the price was bloody silly and you needed to add at least 5-1 to the odds against it turning up. That was weeks ago.

The smart money round here (as I posted days ago) is on Rewilding but they are not always right.

I’m waiting for the final field and no run no loss. Then I shall have a ratio bet.

Viewing 17 posts - 409 through 425 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.