The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 358 through 374 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

It was never going to win the Derby and if you listened to Aidan O’Brien on C4 on Saturday morning the warning signs were loud and clear.

Let’s hope we get a good late substitute.

Oh to be a bookie………

:D :D

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Aidan O’Brien on C4 Racing (Sat am) was loud and clear that SNA was doubtful. He said the horse that would never be beaten on the gallops was not the same anymore. He looked puny when the camera was on him in the yard.

I think he said Cape Blanco was most likely to run in France.

btw. Re jockies Aidan said there were plently available and no decisions had been made.

Lets hope for some late entries otherwise Ted Spread is beginning to look very attractive (40-1).

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Cape Blanco wins the Derby under Kieron Fallon.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6011

In effect it’s old news, being no more than verification of yesterday’s writ-large health warning on Betfair

Out to 20/1 I believe, at which no sane punter would have been tempted surely; hence the bookmakers’ wise decision to drift it gently to around 4 and suck in some dough on a likely NR

The majority on the ‘outside’ and without access to the bush telegraph really should try and read between the lines; in this case ones of railway gauge width

IMO

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Handicap class ?

• Total Posts 1083

Handicap class ?

No that accidentely got pasted on there, from my post
    I copied from last week.

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Cape Blanco wins the Derby under Kieron Fallon

Which Derby? AOB said on C4 Racing that Cape Blanco was most likely to go to France. He was keeping his options open to the last minute.

SNA a great lay…………….
    Betting summary – Volume: £463,189

• Total Posts 1046

With St Nic out you can blanket the rest in terms of ability/ratings.

So a whole new puzzle. Nothing really appeals.

• Total Posts 1046

Slightly amusing reactions given that, before sustaining a muscle injury, he was by far the likeliest winner.

Great game though innit. :D

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Hi Big Buck’s

We agree to disagree.

I was trying to find your post where you backed SNA at 33-1. This was on Saturday. After what was said on C4 I was going to tell you that you must lay some of that. You were in a magnificent position.

I hope you did.

I’d be surprised if SNA runs again.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Slightly amusing reactions given that, before sustaining a muscle injury, he was by far the likeliest winner.

Great game though innit. :D

Clearly some people never know when to give up even when debate has now became pointless.

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Hi Big Buck’s

Nothing really appeals.

Totally agree with or without SNA.

Ted who?????

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

The dogs were barking that he wouldn’t run and what do you know…

For "slight muscle injury " read – not pleasing us with his work at home and it would be a futile exercise running the colt at Epsom as he hasn’t a cat in hell’s chance of winning. :roll:

Get on Jan Vermeer – quick ! Before he goes evens. :shock: :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

T
    Is it just me, or is Jan Vermeer a stupid price? Fair enough, he won the Grand Criterium, but that was on very soft ground and it appears to have been as unexpected by his stable as by anyone else. Also very much the 2nd string going into this race until recently, and I can’t really believe he’s a true 7/4 chance.

Yes, it is you with an attempt at a leftfield view – again.

I could understand it if the two you were putting up were actually good value themselves. What exactly have they achieved – on the track?

• Total Posts 1982

Handicap Class

Matthew01
    28 May 2010, 20:16
    At Nicholas Abbey is definitely not a wonder horse, the way it run
    in the guineas was terrible, it’ll never win next week, won’t even run IMO.

Terrible?

I opposed St Nicholas Abbey in the Guineas, but he ran an excellent race under the circumstances and far better than many gave him credit for.

Running over an inadequate trip off a slow pace and failing to settle early on, he ran an honourable race beaten 3 1/2L into sixth, just 1 1/2L behind a horse that went on ot win the Irish Guineas and a further 1/2L behind the runner-up, who would later finish second in the French Guineas.

In my opinion, that form was as good, if not better, than anything else in the field. The Dante was probably the best trial – a truly run race, which an unbeaten colt won in good style from an impressive debutant winner who is very highly thought of, with the useful Coordinated Cut beaten 4L back in third.

This really is shaping up into a mediocre Derby and it’s value will decrease even further if the winner of the Dante doesn’t run.

I should be happy because my slips on Bullet Train and Rewilding are looking a little stronger now, but is this a Derby to get excited about?

• Total Posts 1046

Careful Bosra, Stilvi does not like people who point out the obvious.

He’s probably unaware that the fact the likeliest winner is now absent, this has a huge effect on the perceived chances of every other, similarly rated but unevenly priced, runner.

But what does he know, sniping from a corner without any decent input :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’m fairly sure St Nick will get ‘injured’ about a week before the race, possibly he’ll scope dirty or so and go to the Dante instead.

The next best thing for Ballydoyle after winning the Guineas with St Nick is him being injured and never having had to be tested over the trip again, thus preserving his reputation and making it look like Ballydoyle’s gutted that he misses the Guineas.

Damn, made the right prediction about the wrong Classic.

Viewing 17 posts - 358 through 374 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.