The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 341 through 357 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1982

^^As a fan of St Nicholas Abbey, I hope the drift is because Murtagh has chosen Jan Vermeer.

His choice may have an influence on the betting, but previous selections in the race indicate that it will have no bearing on the result.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Does anyone have a cat as i need to kick something if SNA does not run. having backed him for this race at 25/1 since August :(

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Finally somebody had at least the courage to use the euphemism " particularly in the case of the Aidan O’Brien-trained runners, stable wellbeing has to be taken into account"*.What the hell is that supposed to mean? Not having the courage to suggest what I referred to at least a month ago.There is a bug in the yard. Horses are not running up to their morning gallops when taken to the races or visa versa.Yesterday when beaten on Age of Aquarius Johnny looked back to reassure himself he had left the rest of the field well behind.Fencingmaster was found to be "abnormal" by the vet after the IRISH GUINEAS.Beethoven has a cough.etc etc etc.
    *Dave Lawrence "At the Races" 31/5/2010

Ardrossthegreat
    • Total Posts 303

I’ll personally be extremely surprised if St Nicholas Abbey finishes in front of Al Zir on Saturday. This trip much more up Al Zirs street after fluffing the Guineas (Dettori almost coming off at the start and a blocked run although still wouldnt have won but would probably IMHO finished in front of SNA in the race). Just hope Al Zir handles the track

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Clare Balding said that Cape Blanco was more likely to run in the French Derby. :?
    I am utterly convinced that Johnny Murtagh will choose to ride Jan Vermeer – and win !

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

The betfair derby market this year has been an absolute farce, and has been so unbelievably turbulent.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

where does it say that murtagh will ride JV?

surely 1 of aob’s derby horses must be going for the french derby instead of english. if so, all this farce derby betting should end!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

*"Regardless of his line-up’s equine composition, his next big question is whether he can find a place for his former stable jockey Kieren Fallon. O’Brien’s personal inclination… , but if his patrons at Coolmore Stud have been paying the remotest attention over the past week they will surely insist that Fallon – undisputed as the modern master of Epsom, prior to his serial suspensions – be given precedence."
    Seems like somebody has been reading my contributions to the Forum.
    *Chris McGrath. The Independent.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Viscount Nelson is going to represent Ballydoyle in the French Derby. He finished third in the Irish Derby.Possibly others.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

In the interview on Saturday on The Morning Line, he hinted that the 2 other stable jocks, Heffernan and O’Donoghue would be thought of, but if Fallon is turning down a ride, you have to assume he has a better one lined up, presumably with Ballydoyle.

• Total Posts 11

How sad, no one from Australia entered. Horses from Australia are amazing also and even the racers. Is there a possibility that they can join this derby?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

No reason why they could not just jog on down to the start and participate like good old boys.Can’t think why not.Come all the way from Australia you say.Wonderful sportsmen downunder I believe.What’s you choice?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

That they would be 6 months younger than the rest of the opposition might have a bearing?
    Is it just me, or is Jan Vermeer a stupid price? Fair enough, he won the Grand Criterium, but that was on very soft ground and it appears to have been as unexpected by his stable as by anyone else. Also very much the 2nd string going into this race until recently, and I can’t really believe he’s a true 7/4 chance.
    Even at the current contracted prices, a dutch on the 2 Khalid Abdulla horses would pay almost twice as much – and have a much better chance of collecting, imo.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

St Nicholas Abbey offically Non Runner. Slight muscle injury has left him stiff.

Cape Blanco been heavily backed this morning.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

St Nicholas Abbey has apparently been pulled out of the Derby due to a slight muscle injury.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I wouldn’t be in the slightest surprised to see JM riding Cape Blanco. He seemed pretty impressed with him in the immediate post-race interview after York and that form (beating Workforce) could be a lot better than it looked on face-value at the time.

• Total Posts 1083

Handicap Class

Matthew01
    28 May 2010, 20:16
    At Nicholas Abbey is definitely not a wonder horse, the way it run
    in the guineas was terrible, it’ll never win next week, won’t even run IMO.

Viewing 17 posts - 341 through 357 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.