The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eider 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Eider 2021

• This topic has 26 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by DBRDBR.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16238

Entries out…….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/37/newcastle/2021-02-27/776738/

Paddy Power and Betfair have a market up, but not on Oddschecker yet.

No rush for a bet, but three catching the eye so far…..

The Two Amigos is priced up as favourite at 8’s, and not difficult to see why. Very likeable type, this is right up his street, and comes here off the back of a great run in The Welsh National. He’s on a career high mark, but it hardly looks excessive, and he’s a model of consistency this year. 8’s looks fair, though his entry in The National Trial at Haydock is a bit of a problem.

He’s taken a while to warm up after a long layoff, but plenty of encouragement this year from The Dutchman. He wouldn’t have beaten the winner in The Rowland Meyrick, but he was in process of running a decent race when he fell four out. I’ve seen enough of him to make him my main fancy here.

Hear No Evil has been a different horse this year, and he’s on a hat trick here. Really impressed with him at Ayr last time, thought he showed a great attitude towards the end. I think this trip will suit.

No bet yet, but despite my brutal record in this, I’ll probably have an early bet on this pair….

Hear No Evil 20’s
    The Dutchman 14’s

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

It’s definitely Crossley Tender for me at this time. I’ve taken 25-1 ew.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16238

Crossley Tender definitely got a chance here mate.

Still no bet here, but cooling, just slightly, on The Dutchman, as he’ll be near the head of the weights. Not completely deserting him just yet though.

The one who I’m really keen on now is Salty Boy. His runs in The Sussex National, and The Tommy Whittle, offer plenty of encouragement for this test, and he looks like he’ll go off a light enough weight. He my main hope for this now, and seriously considering the 20’s just now, but it makes sense to wait until Monday.

Still very keen on Hear No Evil too. I’d imagine I’ll bet the pair of them Monday.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16238

Completely missed the 20’s on Salty Boy, but the flip side of that, is that I didn’t waste any cash on Hear No Evil.

I haven’t bet Salty yet, and I’ll just wait now for Final Decs, and Dutch him with The Dutchman.

Salty Boy
    The Dutchman

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2723

I’ve gone for Salty Boy 13-1 ew.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16238

Took the 10’s for Salty Boys this morning, as it’s clear there’s no point waiting. One thing waiting, but at this stage, he’ll be halved in price.

Salty Boys 10’s

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1330

Calett Mad is an out and out stayer and while his Becher run obviously didn’t go to plan; he’s at least not tackling this after a two year break. Not giving anything away at 6/1, but he’s my idea of the winner. Stick him in the forecast with ForpaddydeCrosspark.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1330

Nevermind, he’s out!

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4933

My top three are:

Sam’s Adventure 162
    Crossley Tender 160
    The Dutchman 157

This is a severe stamina test and over trip and track I’d give the nod to THE DUTCHMAN (8/1 in places). Form over the years has been mixed, but his second run this season was a decent effort. It’s a good while ago but he was in contention when unseating at the 23rd in the 2018 National.

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I was very happy with 8-1 Crossley Tender, but then I saw the 25-1 that you’ve got Lemons. That’s a nice price there, good luck with him.

I can see further support for him too, so I will take the measly 8-1.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563

I backed Big River here. He only started going in the last furlongs of the Welsh National. It often seems to be hit or miss with him, but if he is on going day he should relish this race and conditions.

Big River 8/1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16238

Still no added The Dutchman here. Pushing 9’s now, but hoping to get double figures.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1006

Im playing big river and the Dutchman Inc rev f\c , big river really should have won one of these big hcaps by now , his problem is that he does tend to miss a fence , Jesus he beat Seeyouatmidnight over hurdles !! , hopefully he can jump well today , the Dutchman has shown enough on his return to be competive , I’m can’t really see anything improving towards the bottom of the hcap and while there,s plenty money for salty boys a win rate of 2 in 18 runs …a horse with those stats I’ll take on …..lol watch him bolt up , good luck all

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

I’ve gone with Big River. A marathon trip on some decent spring ground is an unusual preferred combination for a horse but i think it will be right up his street.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3028

Superb price Lemons. Being tipped up as well. Good luck.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.