The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

each way bets

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems each way bets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    padman
    • Total Posts 448

Cus I have been so good in my other thread of getting horses to come 2nd when I want them to come 1st. I thought I would do a each way test.

3.40 blue hills unplaced<br>4.40 keresforth unplaced<br>1pt each way 50pt bank to waste. 25pts on the win part and 25pts on the place part.

Paul<br>RT win =23<br>RT Place =23<br>Great start

(Edited by padman at 3:14 pm on Feb. 22, 2005)<br>

(Edited by padman at 4:57 pm on Feb. 22, 2005)

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

I’ve always thought that if you could nominate to get paid on the second, rather than the winner, then…….of course, you would back more winners. I’ve certainly had more seconds than winners recently.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

I’ve always subscribed to the view that in betting (as well as in many other aspects of competitive life – sport etc) one would do well to do what your competitor does not want you to do. Our competitor is the bookmaker (in this instance) and the bookmaker makes his smallest return on straight forward win singles. Doubles, trebles, yankees & the like provide them with a better return.

Using the old ‘What’s bad for my enemy is good for me’ theory then win singles would seem the way to go, BUT:

I cant help feeling that suitable selections, backed sparingly in suitable races only, could bring home the bacon – am i being just a hopeless optimist? – probably, – nevertheless I wish you well with this padman. :cool:

A one time colleague assured me that he once knew someone who HE considered to make his living from betting (precious few of those about I would think), who commonly backed each way even on quite short favs, though I must add immediately that this is one of those ‘friend of a friend’ anecdotes where the facts remain just tantalisingly out of reach :biggrin:

padman
    • Total Posts 448

Thanks for the comments-lets hope the magic pin does the trick.;)

4.45 alessano L<br>5.15 farthing L

Paul<br>RT win =21<br>RT Place =21

<br>

(Edited by padman at 5:24 pm on Feb. 23, 2005)

padman
    • Total Posts 448

Todays. Think I am on to a loser with this BUT. I had 7 selects today but these are the only ones fc 2/1+

2.20 schuh shine<br>3.55 beauchamp prince<br>4.20 molina

2/1+ price filter from now on.

Cheers<br>Paul

padman
    • Total Posts 448

One loser and one 9/2 placed nag…………..IN THE FRIGGIN BIN WITH THIS. I just have no confidence at the mo in any of my picks.

Just feel real bad about posting.

A BIG SORRY.

Paul

My other 5% thread will turn around, thats a promse:biggrin:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.