The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dunguib

Home Forums Horse Racing Dunguib

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    deeman
    • Total Posts 103

Does anyone know whats the latest on this horse?? Is it gonna run this season because I thought it was gonna be something special last year but there was obviously something wrong with it at the Cheltenham festival.

Any thoughts??
    Thanks

Deeman

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Out for the season with a leg.

Going chasing when (if) he comes back apparently.

BlackSamBellamy
    • Total Posts 53

There was nothing amiss with him at Cheltenham. He was found out to be the overhyped horse I thought he was in the first place.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8188

Always had dodgy legs, though. Wonder if connections regret not selling him after his bumper win? Hope he does come back next year. Hate to see peoples’ dreams come crashing down like that.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1294

Slightly concerned about him chasing as he never looked a natural hurdler to me. I might be wrong but I think that he doesn’t naturally look the sort to arch properly

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

He actually jumped quite well both in the Red Mills and at Cheltenham. He’s just not quick enough for two miles. Connections made a mistake not going for the Coral Cup where he’s have gone close.

Have my doubts whether he’ll ever return to the track. He’s always been difficult to train and he’s not a young horse – will be 9 rising 10 when/if he returns. Still though, I doubt connections will be too disappointed with his career. He has won €200,000 in prizemoney (would have another €60,000 but for being disqualified from the Punchestown bumper).

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

I doubt if Dunguib will have much of a problem jumping fences.

I don’t know how many hands he is but he looks too big for hurdles and those types very seldom jump hurdles with great fluency.

Put a fence in front of him and he’ll be much more at home. The way he travels he’ll make a grand chaser if he recovers.

Get well soon!

Rubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

I am afraid the Trainer has made a right mess of him.

His career was Fences and never Hurdling…just a waste of talent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.