The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Drinmore 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Drinmore 2011

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1533

My point is that December form for a novice who’s come to hand quickly means sod all in March.

So we can eliminate Peddlar’s Cross, Grand Crus, Al Ferof. Menorah,Cue Card, Bob’s Worth and Walk On :roll:

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

The Drinmore Novices’ Chase is run in which country? I was referring to that race, you were referring to that race, so don’t all of a sudden make out that I’m referring to every single novice who’s had a run.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1533

I would have to agree with zarkava here- winning on bog-heavy ground in ireland in december is a million miles away from spring ground at cheltenham.

perhaps the name BOG warrior is a tip in itself? :)

certainly given the strength in depth of the rsa (grands crus, bobs worth, etc) calling him a banker seems to be jumping the gun somewhat.

The ground yesterday wasn’t bog heavy it was just on the heavy side of soft.

If you read his form you’ll find his only defeat came on really heavy ground plus he was none too impressive when he won his bumper by 3/4 length also on heavy.

He’s raced and won easily on y/soft and on yielding.

The fact he won over 2m4f on soft and obviously goes on anything with a bit of cut in it will stand him in good stead for the 3m RSA.

There wasn’t a flying divot to be seen when he won his maiden hurdle. Held up near last of 25 runners he was still 4th last turning for home and he overtook the entire field by the 2nd last.

Year after year punters make the mistake of thinking Irish horses need heavy ground and year after year they are proven wrong.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1533

The Drinmore Novices’ Chase is run in which country? I was referring to that race, you were referring to that race, so don’t all of a sudden make out that I’m referring to every single novice who’s had a run.

You never specified a country read your own posts and anyway your way off the mark. Boston Angel won in December and won the RSA, Jessies Dream won in December and finished 2nd, Noble Prince won as early as October and won the Jewson, Loosen my Load who finished 3rd also won in October, The year before Weapons Amnesty won at Newcastle in November and went on to win the RSA in March, Forpady won the Arkle and he won his novice before Xmas, Cooldine joined the club as well before winning the RSA.

Check your stats they need refreshing :P

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Total waste of time conversing with you if you’re going to keep moving the goalposts. Read my posts in context, reply to them in context and perhaps then I’ll bother replying.

Noble Prince first ran in a Graded chase on December 30th, not December 4th. Weapon’s Amnesty first ran in a Graded chase on December 28th, not December 4th. Cooldine first ran in a Graded chase on December 26th, not December 4th.

Loosen My Load exactly proves my point in this instance. Won 3 novice Chases including a Grade 3 between May & October, then he was beaten over 9+ lengths in his next 3 starts.

ForPadyDePlasterer and Boston’s Angel, yup, both ran in Graded chases as early as this. Neither won though, did they? Jessie’s Dream won the Drinmore last year, but he didn’t win at Cheltenham. This year’s R&SA will probably end up being the worst this millennium anyway.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Perhaps it was the way you stated that no winner of the Drinmore had ever won a race at the Cheltenham Festival in the same season that was confusing. While trends can be bucked, its not something to be dismissed lightly.

2 well known ones on the flat, Craven Stakes winners do not win the Epsom Derby, Jeddah in 1898 being the exception. Fillies do not win the Eclipse, Pebbles and Kooyonga in 125 years when more than a few famous racemares have failed.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1533

The Drinmore has only been going since 1994 and the very first winner Sound Man was beaten 1/2 length by Klairon Davies in the Arkle ffs

To suggest December form of any sort is worthless is absolute garbage.

Pray tell what’s the difference between a horse winning in Ireland before Xmas and a horse doing the same in England, Wales or Scotland? There is none and if it held any credence we would be as well scrapping the betting and forming news books right across the board.

Bog Warrior is his own man as were Master Minded the first 6yo to win the QMCC, Kauto Star the first horse to regain the Gold Cup and Hurricane Fly the first Montjue to do the business at Cheltenham.

If Bog Warrior progresses as he should he’ll take some beating no matter what the trends say.

Zarkava you state the RSA will end up the worst since forever. According to you horses like Bog Warrior have no chance as the good form is still to come. Now you really are confusing me with your jibber jabber saying horses who ran crackers at Cheltenham but NEVER won so that’s because they ran in December ? :roll: Joker!!!!.

I’m the first guy in the world to throw out early season form as it’s very easy for a horse to be flattered by it.

Bog Warrior isn’t a horse I would discard in that way he looks the real deal and the only reason he isn’t favourite for the RSA is they wont run him if there’s no cut in the ground. If he wins impressively again at Leopardstown at Xmas and it comes up good to soft at Cheltenham the Irish will back him off the boards. Which was my point to start with.

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.