The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Vicky Haigh

Home Forums Horse Racing Vicky Haigh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 1

Does anyone know what has happened to the Doncaster Horse trainer Vicky Haigh, she seems to have disappeared off the scene. I know there were some problems for her at Ascot but nothing has been heard off her since??? Any ideas

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

1charles,

you did post this before (about a fortnight ago) and there were some answers which might be useful. just in case you never saw these, the link to it is…

are you obsessed?

(Edited by non vintage at 8:32 pm on Sep. 29, 2005)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3089

<br>Two yearling colts were knocked down to Miss V Haigh at the Goffs Sales this week, priced at 26,000 and 27,000 euros.

There was also a piece in a gossip column somewhere earlier this month which claimed she was working behind the bar of a Doncaster hotel during the Leger meeting.

AP

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Nice to hear from you again, AP.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Meanwhile, in a courtroom in South Yorkshire…

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/former_racehorse_trainer_jailed_in_child_custody_row_1_4073243

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I’d forgotten her antics with the syringe, but she’s clearly something of a mentalist. Whether than merits a 3-year jail sentence is another matter, and not one I’m qualified to comment on.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 916

Meanwhile, in a courtroom in South Yorkshire…
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/former_racehorse_trainer_jailed_in_child_custody_row_1_4073243

I remember she was a really tasty filly when she was a young jockey all those years ago. She used her beauty to good effect to get a sponsorship deal, I seem to remember.
    She became a bit of an ambassador for women jockeys and trainers in Yorkshire. It’s a sad day that her life has gone so horribly wrong but it sounds like she has used some very underhand tactics in fighting her side of the argument.
    I’m sure she will win her appeal and get the prison sentence overturned or reduced. It seems excessive but Judge Peter Kelson QC, a new judge, is already well known for his harsh sentencing at Sheffield Crown Court.

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5112

The Earl of Hunting

t

on [sic] referred to is presumably former trainer Willie Hastings-Bass. Thought he’d upped and gone to Australia years ago :?:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

I cannot imagine anything more evil than to falsely accuse someone of what she accused her ex-partner. Even though her sentence appears to be for other breaches of the law, she deserves no sympathy.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

I’d forgotten her antics with the syringe

…which, for them as may have missed it, are summarised here:

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resources/about/whatwedo/disciplinary/disciplinaryDetail.asp?item=083752

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26574

Hope Ms Haigh never gets a job with horses or husbands again.

value is everything
    tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

a job with husbands?? :lol:

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

She should spend exactly the same time in prison as her ex-husband would have been expected to if the false charges she was trying to pin on him had of stuck, in my opinion.

paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4609

She should spend exactly the same time in prison as her ex-husband would have been expected to if the false charges she was trying to pin on him had of stuck, in my opinion.

With some more added on for good measure – an evil woman

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

I cannot imagine anything more evil than to falsely accuse someone of what she accused her ex-partner. Even though her sentence appears to be for other breaches of the law, she deserves no sympathy.

Clearly she was desperate to hang on to her daughter, and her reaction was that of a desperate woman. Does anyone really think there’s any worse punishment than being separated from her own child, or that they might not have done similar in the same circumstances?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.