The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Does anyone doubt me

Home Forums Horse Racing Does anyone doubt me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I said it time and time again he is without doubt the best since Arkle.

I am obviously over the moon from a financial point of view as most of you know I backed Kauto a long time back. He wins the Gold Cup and I wil have had the best season I ever had…………he doesn’t I will still be well ahead

But the money means very little to me…………being alive to see one of the best horses in the history of NH racing means everything.

I wish you young people could all have a little taste of the feelings I have running through me now.

Himself will know exactly what I am talking about

God Bless you Kauto you truly are a STAR!!!!!!.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

He is without doubt the best since Moscow Flyer and without doubt within half a stone of Desert Orchid. :wink:

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

I said it time and time again he is without doubt the best since Arkle.

I am obviously over the moon from a financial point of view as most of you know I backed Kauto a long time back. He wins the Gold Cup and I wil have had the best season I ever had…………he doesn’t I will still be well ahead

But the money means very little to me…………being alive to see one of the best horses in the history of NH racing means everything.

I wish you young people could all have a little taste of the feelings I have running through me now.

Himself will know exactly what I am talking about

God Bless you Kauto you truly are a STAR!!!!!!.

How dare they question his ability!! He’s a…an…I’m lost for words.

I’ve had the most relaxed day betting wise for a long time. I placed a fair bet on Kauto mid-week and backed him today with Lothian Falcon for a nice double (how LF wasn’t even money or perhaps odds-on I’ll never know). :D

As I mentioned in another thread, let’s start appreciating this horse while he (and we) are here.

Now FoF, what will it take for him to be better than Arkle? No sarcastic comments from the anti-Kauto brigade and smart bastards!! :lol:

Thank-you Kauto, Paul, Ruby, Sam and especially Mr Clive Smith. You deserve to have such a great horse.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

"Does anyone doubt me"

The official handicapper, apparently. Quote from Racing Post analysis:

This was in many ways Kauto Star’s most complete performance yet, and senior Handicapper Phil Smith’s initial reaction was to contemplate raising him to a career-high BHA mark of 180, the joint highest with two-miler Moscow Flyer since Desert Orchid’s heyday.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

I’ve never doubted you FOF.

With your knowledge, connections and no little wit how could I.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

As I tried to suggest on the other thread he is a very good horse in a sea of mediocrity. I don’t believe today’s performance proved very much at all – hence the relatively small move in the Gold Cup market. Let’s have a look at the other runners:-

Hi Cloy – at this level his price told you everything about his chance
    Taranis – doubtful stayer and nothing to suggest he had the class to play a serious part
    My Way De Solzen – ran no race at all and has a big question hanging over him
    Racing Demon – poor jumper and little or no top class form over the distance
    Our Vic – continually found wanting at top level and very unlikely to be improving
    Exotic Dancer – upgraded handicapper who was probably below par but would have been second under a less attacking ride

Visually impressive but was it really a surprise that Kauto Star demolished this lot?

Best Mate was fortunate to be around when there was little of quality to challenge him, I don’t think despite all the hype the situation is a lot different now.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

As I tried to suggest on the other thread he is a very good horse in a sea of mediocrity. I don’t believe today’s performance proved very much at all – hence the relatively small move in the Gold Cup market. Let’s have a look at the other runners:-

Hi Cloy – at this level his price told you everything about his chance
    Taranis – doubtful stayer and nothing to suggest he had the class to play a serious part
    My Way De Solzen – ran no race at all and has a big question hanging over him
    Racing Demon – poor jumper and little or no top class form over the distance
    Our Vic – continually found wanting at top level and very unlikely to be improving
    Exotic Dancer – upgraded handicapper who was probably below par but would have been second under a less attacking ride

Visually impressive but was it really a surprise that Kauto Star demolished this lot?

Best Mate was fortunate to be around when there was little of quality to challenge him, I don’t think despite all the hype the situation is a lot different now.

Horses like Exotic Dancer are way better than anything Best Mate faced. Best Mate wouldn’t get within seven or eight lengths of Kauto Star.

How you can call it a "sea of mediocrity" is beyond me when you consider Exotic Dancer is around a 180 horse at best.

Our Vic you say has been found wanting at top level thats unfair as he is an enigma who goes best fresh and when he wants to he is capable of at least 170 rated performances which is hardly any difference from the likes of War Of Attrition who won a Gold Cup.

Whats more Kauto and Exotic are both ultra consistant they nearly always run their race they certainly fdon’t put up one decent performance then go and get beat by something you think they shouldn’t.

Exotic Dancer is good enough to win over 2 1/2 miles would’ve won a King George, a Gold Cup, Betfair Bowl, Paddy Power, Betfair Chase if Kauto wasn’t around.

Kauto is that good he can hammer the Champion Chaser over two miles.

That type of form is rock solid.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Fist of Fury 2k8 wrote:
    "Himself will know exactly what I am talking about"

I do, I do… well, I think I do. :)

Seriously, we all know how big a fan you are of the horse. Most of us are, and I appreciate how satisfying it can be when the horse you have been championing goes onto deliver the goods once again. It’s a nice feeling – a feeling of vindication, not to mention an inner sense of satisfaction.

Kauto Star is a truly great horse who put up a magnificent performance today; a performance which warmed the cockles of the hearts of all who are in love with racing game, and of course racing, like every other sport, needs its superstars who capture the public’s imagination.

p.s. I still think the big horse will make him pull out all the stops come Cheltenham. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Here Here! Couldn’t agree more. He really is a star. Great to get such emotion too. I only wish could meet him in the flesh, would be amazing.

Haha considering calling my daughter Kate Orchid Estelle (means Star) — Kate O Star he he. Think that would be going a bit far. No harm with Kateo i suppose haha.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Here Here! Couldn’t agree more. He really is a star. Great to get such emotion too. I only wish could meet him in the flesh, would be amazing.

Haha considering calling my daughter Kate Orchid Estelle (means Star) — Kate O Star he he. Think that would be going a bit far. No harm with Kateo i suppose haha.

Lol. I think thats great, go for it.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Does anyone doubt me

Such a title (and a self titled one at that)….lets concentrate on the horses not egos.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8966

Sometimes it’s possible for something to be so clear, so obvious, so large a truth that it’s difficult to see it for what it is.

The best since Arkle? Difficult to argue against really IMO.

If, as I hope and expect, Denman romps home in the Lexus then what a Gold Cup we’ll have to look forward to.

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Your right, he is brilliant. Best since Arkle! Agreed

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I wanted to call my son after one of my sporting heroes but the wife didn’t like the name Florida Pearl Brady!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

He’s showing the same level of form as he was 15 months ago. A shame it’s taken so long for people to latch onto him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.