The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dettori NOT retiring

Home Forums Horse Racing Dettori NOT retiring

Viewing 2 posts - 137 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I heard Dertori had not shown up. I don’t blame him – he knew he had no chance of winning.

At least he allowed himself to be interviewed, unlike McIlroy. I suppose he knew he had no chance of winning as well but to send someone in his place is poor form.

There is a touch of arrogance about McIlroy. I remember seeing him in a practice round for the Open at Royal Portrush. Other players were signing a few autographs whenever they walked off a green. McIlroy refused all requests.

I suppose in his defence he received more requests than the other players and it would have taken him all day to get around if he signed them all. But there were one or two occasions when he turned down requests from small children, which I thought was mean.

Similarly, at Hoylake this year Jon Rahm and Justin Rose threw their golf ball and glove towards some children in the stand behind the 18th. McIlroy just strode past without even giving them a wave.

Helcatmudwrestler
    Participant
    • Total Posts 398

Frankie rode 6 winners in a row today at Santa Anita , that’s some effort , most fancied 6s , everything else double figures , 16s 20s included .

Viewing 2 posts - 137 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.