The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dettori NOT retiring

Home Forums Horse Racing Dettori NOT retiring

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

What? If anything it’s getting to the point where all the Dettori bashing is a bit tedious. I have been part of that, although you will also find I’ve said positive things about him too so I guess I’m somewhere in the middle.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

Blimey, saying something mildly positive about Dettori does not mean uncritical adulation.

Much like Richard88, my past comments have been both positive and negative, with probably more in the latter camp.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

It’s human nature to react to any individual with both negative and positive attitudes. I personally don’t have a problem with Dettori although his retiring circus stirred up by the media was annoying to say the least.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Someone woke up a little sensitive this morning… :scratch:

I’m not a Frankie fan in the slightest but as I’m watching the show thought I’d add a few impartial comments
    like I’ve said so far he’s coming across a okay

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

The drift continues; Frankie is now 50/1.

He hardly featured in tonight’s episode, and also made a strategic error if he is serious about winning. He could have put himself forward for the next trial which would have guaranteed plenty of airtime tomorrow, but held back until it was too late.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

“I shall be looking for a more intelligent, clued up racing site in future. Good bye.”

I’ve never seen you post on here anyway, so not sure I’ll be missing anything :good: .

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Frankie and Nella got no stars between them… :yes:

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

Frankie was unlucky to get paired with Nella. Her logic was so poor I doubt she would have managed to open all the padlocks even without the snakes.

Frankie’s 100/1 now and, short of something drastic happening, I reckon he will be among the early departures.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2977

I shouldn’t be commenting on this as I have never watched the programme but I did think this was a poor choice for Dettori. Aside from being able to live on very little food, I can’t think why anyone would believe that somebody like him would shine in this environment, or enjoy the experience. I suppose the money was good and maybe that was enough.

Not sure this thread shouldn’t be moved to the Lounge BTW.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

The appeal of having a huge public audience is probably alien to most of us who spend time posting on internet forums, but I think the attention and publicity will have been a big part of the attraction for him.

I guess the challenge could be an element too. Surely he can’t be in need of the money?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

“Unbelievable, nearly all who work in racing dislike Dettori intensely. I have gone right off this sight because all you punters seem just like the know nothing public and think the sun shines out of his backside. I shall be looking for a more intelligent, clued up racing site in future. Good bye.”

r u OK hun?

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Ru ok hun? ❤️

I love your eloquence Greenasgrass.

Here’s a gem from this poster in June 2016 on ‘Ryan Moore ‘.
    “What stupid people these last two posters are. Ryan Moore a world class top jock in all respects being slagged off by morons who have probably never even sat on a horse. You are talking about horses here, who are all individual and all need to be ridden as such. Ryan Moore is world class at that as proven today,not that he needs to prove anything,his record speaks for itself. I just wish thick, moronic, pocket talking punters like wexford man and Troy would learn a bit more about race riding and horsemanship before writing drivel about brilliant jockeys.
    It makes my blood boil.”

He was a bit shy coming forward and hid his light under a bushel some what.
    If only he’d spoken his mind.
    We only saw part of him. Perhaps the best was yet to come.
    “Tis a pity”, ( as David Bowie once said…….
    Angry of Hertfordshire has left the building.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I’m wondering if he’s one of Gambles many alter egos ..

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I don’t watch the rubbish but given how many of the “celebrities” are quitting, Dettori could end up being the last man standing. 😉

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Yes Corky, we know he can handle not eating

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1611

I’m still bravely watching on to keep Frankie’s many fans on here up to date with his I’m A Celebrity adventures.

It was a good show for him tonight. They broadcast him discussing what being a jockey was like with his campmates, and he came across well again.

But he’s now 150/1, and will need pretty much everyone else to quit in order to win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

I have never watched this garbage and certainly wouldn’t do so in the future mainly due to the vile Declan Connelly who could have possibly killed someone by driving under the influence of alcohol, an individual with a very low level of intelligence.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.