The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby weighing room coverage

Home Forums Horse Racing Derby weighing room coverage

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

he seemed polite enough when i bumped into a crowd of people at ascot and he was signing racecards for all of them – and he was even polite enough to explain to me that jockeys don’t carry pens onto horses when i as a quick thought asked him if he’d sign my racecard too when he’d finished signing their racecards and was about to get on the horse – i remember thinking ‘why don’t they carry pens with them ?’

ron dennis’s comments about the charecteristics needed to be a top winner in sport were right i think and in that light i think you’d have to say frankie is one of the good guys – i certainly don’t recall press stories of him being crooked, shagging other people’s missus, fighting, setting fire to planes or generally misbehaving like so many other jockeys who can’t string a coherent sentence together

naps
    • Total Posts 159

Yep, diuretics.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/1999/0924/dettori.html

He also received a police caution for cocaine possession which he talks about in his autobiography right after he left Cumani.

(Edited by naps at 9:34 am on June 5, 2007)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Every time I’ve come across Dettori he has been nothing bar friendly and chatty.  He was one of the very rare handful of flat jockeys who would actually talk to you when leading him up!

Rach
    • Total Posts 15

I like him, it must be hard to have to be cheerful all the time.<br>He said hello to me on Emirates Skyline at the starts at York last meeting and was asking me about what the York Eye was, then he went and won. Me and my friend had to sit down, yes we have met plenty of jockeys before, are mates with a few and gone out with one or two but we were seriously starstruck.

I think CS is a very exuberant person aswell, its great to see people so elated. If I won the derby id be bouncing off the walls for days too ;)

(i love weighing room footage – theres always some good nude shots to be seen if you look hard enough – ok…’look hard enough’….that didnt come out quite right!!!

(Edited by Rach at 9:00 pm on June 14, 2007)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Just a quick one – are you blonde, Rach??  Frankie seems to like blondes & have an eye for them!!! :biggrin:

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.