The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Denman Retired

Home Forums Horse Racing Denman Retired

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823
    Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 421

Happy retirement old boy.

I love the fact that he’ll be with Kauto this season. I can imagine him keeping him on his toes and making sure he gets the job done one last time.

Then they both can enjoy a happy retirement in the field.

And, the memory of THAT Gold Cup win will live on for a long time.

Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 635

Sad news, one of my all time favourite horses, hope he has a long and happy retirement.

iamthebigman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31

I’m still pretty new to racing but after watching old clips of races I really think that Gold Cup performance was the greatest ever. Combined with Richard Hoiles’ fantastic commentary I return to it often…..in fact I’m going to watch it again now!

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5503

A wonderful, intriguing steeplechaser who’s provided me with more entertainment and pleasure than any horse before; even more than my erstwhile first-love Wayward Lad

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

An outstanding chaser, Denman reminded me very much of Mill House.

Here’s hoping he has a long and happy returement.

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2033

Favourite horse ever. Says a lot about the horse’s character that he stays in the yard for the rest of the season.

seanryan
    • Total Posts 41

A proper beast. The real denman twitter account also gone.

TheRealDenman Denman
    But I am afraid that with my retirement from racing must also come my imminent retirement from Twitter. It’s been……real……Neigh.
    1 hour ago
    Denman
    TheRealDenman Denman
    It doesn’t even hurt……Neigh
    1 hour ago
    Denman
    TheRealDenman Denman
    **** it.
    1 hour ago
    Denman
    TheRealDenman Denman
    Wish I was on the gallops up in Scotland today, I’d bloody love it. I am Denman and I am ‘ard…..Neigh
    17 hours ago
    Denman
    TheRealDenman Denman
    Just seen Lexus odds & what the **** is Quito De La Slow doing at same price as me? He only just beat ******* Sarando at Aintree……Neigh
    17 hours ago

Skelly
    • Total Posts 6

All the best to the tank hope he as a long and happy retirement.he will be missed on the track

Mr. Pilsen
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

http://i40.tinypic.com/125l84k.jpg

Happy retirement, fella.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

And my photographic contribution

http://www.ors-racing.co.uk/RacingGallery/Cheltenham2011/Images/Cheltenham11041.JPG

Coming in after his gallant effort in the Gold Cup this year

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8181

So glad that he’s retired in one piece but gutted at the thought of never seeing him jump a fence again. I’ve often wondered over the past few years how we will look back on this era of our sport

. How very, very lucky we’ve been. Happy retirement, Denman.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

I hope Denman is not put out to grass yet – he’s only 11 and should have an active future ahead when his injury is sorted. Imagine him in a retrained racehorse class for instance! I only saw him race once live and it was at Aintree where he took that nasty tumble – for a few VERY anxious minutes I thought it was curtains – SO pleased he recovered. Thanks for some GREAT memories Denman – and I hope your mate Kauto joins you in due course.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Sad to see the old boy go but it is definitely the correct decision and I applaud the connections.
    Lovely that he is to remain in the yard to keep Kauto Star company. Horses do have feelings and do make friends.
    He has given me, and no doubt many others, many great memories.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

One of my favourite racehorses of all time.

A truly great horse.

Have a happy retirement.

I will never forget the memories, of your Gold Cup winning year, and the sight of Denman flying over the cross fence at Newbury.

Thanks for the memories Denman, have a happy retirement!

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Happy retirment, Tank. 8)

I will never forget Denman’s destruction of his more illustrious ( and more popular ) stable-mate, Kauto Star in the 2008 Cheletenham Gold Cup.

That day, he showed what a great chaser he was, and for those of us who had championed him over Kauto Star in the months, weeks and days leading up to the big Prestbury Park showdown, the glorious sight of him tanking up that famous hill was made all the more sweeter by the manner of his victory over Kauto.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Mr. Pilsen
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

very very good retirement DENMAN !! I love you and never forgot you !! :)

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/4365/4432944084612e6cea38.jpg

Well done, fely!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.