The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dead Eight Dutcher

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Dead Eight Dutcher

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

Thanks Padman, another winner to take our profit to date to £95.70.

Ollie, i`m using a dutching calculator that you`ll find on the link below.  Just put the odds in and it does the rest.

calculator

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

Only 1 eight runner race today.

I as inclined to skip it as the Loder hotpot could be something out of the ordinary, but anything can happen 1st time out so we`ll oppose it with;

Winged D`Argent  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£18.88  @ 4.5/1

Crociera   £11.11 @ 8/1

At Your Request  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£5.88  @ 16/1

Hernando`s Boy  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£5.88 @ 16/1.

Total outlay  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£41.75   Potential profit £58.25.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Well done yesterday mate & good luck for today.

I wonder wether there would be much difference between your ‘eight dutcher’ and a straight lay of the fav? I think the potential outlay would be a few coppers more for the same profit, but you have to remember that you would be covering all 7 of the opponents to the fav. and not just the most likely 4.

As I type, Serengeti Sky can be layed at 1.77 so your £ 58.25 would give a potential outlay of £44.85.

So far either the fav has done the business or 1 of your 4 have won, sooner or later however you suspect that one of the ‘rags’ is going to come in and that will be a sickener – to get the fav beat and still lose your money.

Just a thought – good luck again for today Andy.

(Edited by snowman at 2:21 pm on April 6, 2004)<br>

(Edited by snowman at 2:23 pm on April 6, 2004)

padman
    • Total Posts 448

Thanks Andy………….I had a go today. Winged Argent WINNNNNNNNNNNNNS

Paul

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

Nice to hear you were on Padman. But i would add a word of caution.  A few losers could quickly make a serious dent in the profits to date.

Snowman, i think you make a very valid point.  In hindsight it would make more sense to lay the fav in some instances, particularly when its odds on like today.

I`m sure there will be instances where we get the fav beaten and a rag does us. I`ll just have to take that on the chin until i can come up with a plan B.  

Profit to date £153.95

(Edited by andydawes at 5:03 pm on April 6, 2004)

Ollie
    • Total Posts 82

Andy,

Many thanks for the Calculator link. My modus operandi is to often back more than one in a race, but i have tended to "weight" my stakes according to degree of confidence and odds but Ill try out the calculator in future.

Ollie<br>PS I’ve tried out the calculator looks as if it will be useful-thanks again

(Edited by Ollie at 6:08 pm on April 6, 2004)

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Well done Andy mate! I think laying the fav may be an option when the 7 opponents are perceived to all hold similar chances and it’s therefore tricky to decide which 4 to back.

But for now enjoy your success :biggrin:

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

Once again only the 1 eight runner race.  Warwick 3.30

Hasayis  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£27.39  @ 2.65/1

Cesare  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£15.62  @  5.4/1

Purple Rain  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£12.50  @ 7/1

Prince Valentine  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£10  @ 9/1

<br>Total outlay £65.51.       Potential profit £34.49

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Well another winner Andy but the potential outlay to possible profit was as high as it’s been since you started. There may come a point where you feel the reward isn’t sufficient to play.

But, as before, for now enjoy the success.  :biggrin:

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

Another winner yesterday takes profit to date to £188.44.

Muss 2.40

Bold Marc  £24.39 @ 3.1/1

Forfeiter  £12.82  @ 6.8/1

Rightprice Premier  £12.19 @ 7.2/1

Steal the Thunder  £6.45  @  14.5/1

Total outlay £55.85   Potential profit  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£44.15

(Edited by andydawes at 12:57 pm on April 8, 2004)

padman
    • Total Posts 448

Going along nicely Andy. Missed yesterday and todays though:angry:  Will leave it alone over the week-end as Bank Holiday meetings are not good for me.

<br>Paul

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Keep it going mate, your doing great!

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

For the second day running we managed to find the first 3 home for a profit of £44.15

To date +£232.59

Snowman, i`ve been mulling over your comments regarding outlay to potential profit and agree to some extent that the £70ish to win £30ish bets would soon blow a whole in the profit should a result go against us.

However, we are backing half the field and are weighting our selection towards the head of the market, therefore highly unlikely to get many Evens the four coupled.

To try and preserve the bank when the inevitable losers come along i`ll restrict bets to somewhere around the 4/6 coupled mark.

Many thanks for your input in this experiment, constructive views are always welcome.

Have a good Easter.

<br>

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Thanks Andy, hope you have a good one too. You’ve hit a nice little patch with the system – long may it continue.

Happy Easter to all TRF members and their families but especially the sanity challenged bunch that (like me) walk the corridors of Systems Workshop!

(Edited by snowman at 6:36 pm on April 9, 2004)

andydawes
    • Total Posts 210

One of the key elements to this system is trying to get short priced favourites beaten.  To do this there has to be sufficient strength in depth in the opposition to warrant a bet against the fav.

Only 1 eight runner race today which basically looks to be a match between Soviet Song and Monturani.

Soviet Song comes out top on all rating and i`m not going to oppose it.

No bet today.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.