The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dangerous stables

Home Forums Archive Topics Dangerous stables

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JAMES321
    • Total Posts 14

I have always been interested in trainers and their ways and trends. <br>Take Grand National winning permit holder Norman Mason for an example.<br>In the last 14 days, the County Durham handler has been in the winners enclousure with two horses –  Able Native & Nephite.

Nephite : led 2nd, shaken up flat, stayed on well.<br>Able Native : chased leaders, led approaching last, ridden out

Able Native previous runs to this win : <br>held up, headway to chase leaders 4 out, ridden and one pace last – 3RD <br>held up, steady headway from 5th, chased leaders after 4 out, not quicken from 2 out – 4th

Other runners not to win from his quarters in the last 2 weeks. <br>LITTLE TUSKA – 8TH – held up, always in rear<br>Little Tuska best form – <br>handy, challenged on bit 4 out, led next, ridden and headed approaching last, no extra run-in, eased final 75yds – 2ND<br>chased leader, led 8th, drew clear from next – 1ST

TRIBAL WARRIOR – 11TH – held up, never dangerous<br>Tribal Warrior’s best form – <br>led, ridden and strongly pressed 4f out, headed 2f out, no extra and eased inside final furlong – 2ND

LIGHT THE RIVER – 3RD – held up, headway 8th, weakened 4 out<br>Light The River’s best form – <br>never far away, chasing first 2 when hit 3 out, led after last, pushed clear -1ST

A Look through Norman Mason yard from thier results of last year –

EMPEROR’S MAGIC – <br>Three winning runs race comments read – <br>prominent, led 4 out, stayed on well under pressure from last – 1st<br>in touch, lost place before 4 out, good headway to lead 2 out, all out – 1st<br>in touch, headway 4 out, led approaching last, quickened clear flat – 1st

Several runs during this season which suggest to me this horse has been played with. <br>held up, outpaced from 12th – Unp <br>waited with, headway approaching 8th, left 2nd 2 out, weakened approaching last – 4th<br>held up, headway 10th, weakened after next – 4th

RED EMPEROR<br>Winning race comments – <br>held up, headway and prominent 7th, led 3 out, held on well – 1st<br>held up, headway after 11th, tracking leaders when mistake 15th, challenged 3 out, stayed on under pressure to lead after last, drew clear – 1st

Several runs during this season which suggest to me this horse has been played with. <br>led until after 6th, lost place 10th-Unp <br>close up, lost place before 12th, soon no danger – Unp<br>prominent, driven along before 14th, soon weakened – Unp

Seems to me this yard need watching when backing a runner from thier respected yard. Kenny Johnson and Grry Ryan often ride for the yard but often on horses which don’t appear to be at their best. Richard Guest stable assistant rides the better horses for the stable.

7/2 – 7/4 – 7/2 – 5/1 – 11/4 – 4/1 – 11/4 – 15-8 – 5/1 – 14/1 – 7/2 – 9/2 – 4/1 – 7/2 – 5/1 – 33/1

Each of these were the priced winners from the Mason stable last year. Needless to say they were supported in the ring.<br>I will try add a few more yards to this thread as I have been monitoring them. <br>Good Luck<br>James

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Spot on posting this one.

The one I’ve got my eye on for a big one is Red Striker.  

Black Sam Bellamy
    • Total Posts 441

Amber Swimbank is also one to watch. Keep an eye out if a long shot gets backed off the boards…they usually come home near the front….

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

bsb<br>i presume u mean anne swinbank  she looks very dangerous in her black leather outfit i can assure u<br>;) ;)

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

suit you sir!!!

JAMES321
    • Total Posts 14

Alan Swinbank use to be a former bookmaker many many years ago. The family was involved in greyhounds a few years back and I know Anne Cairs arranges syndicates for Alan. They certainly like a touch.

JAMES321
    • Total Posts 14

In the last 14 days, 8 runners of JonJo O Neil string have been PULLED UP. <br>For me this is quite a worrying fact from Jackdaws Castle yard owned by big time gambler J P McManus. <br>Every winner from Jonjo stable has been supported including Miros and Quazar the latter PU on his previous start. Quazar nibbled from 14/1 to 12/1 was only a small little tickle whereas Patsy Byne animal Miros form is interested as he pulled up beleive it or not on his British debut before being punted from 10/1 into 3/1 next time out. <br>Several others came across which were pulled up from JJ yard and won next time out over the last year. <br>WATER FONT – WON 4/1<br>PLATONIC MY EYE – WON 10/1<br>OCEAN LINE – WON 14/1<br>HULLA HOOP – UNP – THEN WON AFTER AT 20/1<br>THANKS KEITH – WON 6/1<br>NATIVE EMPEROR – UNP – THEN WON AFTER AT 14/1<br>ROSETA – WON 7/1<br>ATLANTIC CHARTER – WON 7/4<br>FOLLOW ME – UNP THEN WON AFTER AT 5/1<br>DUSHAAN – WON 20/1<br>KING OF THE CASTLE – WON 11/4<br>MORDON BOY – WON 10/3<br>RADIATION – WON 4/1 & 11/2 BUT FINISHED 2ND AT 11/1<br>COPE WITH REALITY – WON – 12/1

If memory serves me right not many of JP’S horses in that list. Strange. Could be worth following. <br>Good Luck<br>James

robgomm
    • Total Posts 224

Thank you for that info on Jonjo’s horses James.

Interesting that he said before Quazar’s Cheltenham win that he wasn’t sure the horse was fit because it had banged a knee and basically put people off – it won of course!

Interesting seeing all this stuff trainers get up too – you could make some good profits with this kind of info.

I will keep a look out for stuff like this to go on this thread. Thanks again, Rob.

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>escorial  was the race at newbury??  i seem to have a recollection that it was   but not 100 per cent sure

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>  well dont quote me but i think it was the  10f oaks trial at newbury  if u can remember the year   i will try and look it up in an old form book  out of interest   as when i first saw your pan handle on the forum   i recalled the race   for some reason  (from memory  piggot actually only ever rode a few horses for balding not that i remember his whole career)

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Yes Escorial did win the Musidora in 1974.  She was a chestnut fily by Royal Palace out of Asturia and had won both her starts at 2.  As a 3yo she was beaten at odds on in the Pretty Polly before winning at York.  She was 2nd favourite for the Oaks but finished 13th of 15 behind Polygamy.  She was a highly strung filly but learned to settle later in her career.  She bred a few winners, although nothing outstanding.  Royal Heritage, a good winner in 1980 was the best of them.

prince regent
    • Total Posts 221

<br>well done adrian   i forgot to check when  i got home

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

I’ve dragged this one up from the basement – James321 alerted us all to Jonjo’s horses that pull up.

Seems like the word got out today with Celtic Pride!

Thanks James, it meant I was able to excuse its first run when I was pricing up the race, and I ended up backing two in the race Celtic Pride and Historic. Even snaffled some of the 12s.

Nice one.

Keith the teeth
    • Total Posts 36

Thanks James.  I backed Lanmire Tower yesterday because of the Pulled Up factor.<br>

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

I’ve dragged this out the basement again, as it relates to the other thread going on about Guest/Mason.

<br>He may be a deleted member, but this was a great posting!

And Mini Sensation ran a great race on Saturday (another Jonjo O’Neill pulled up last time horse.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.