The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Curse Of The Cack Classic Mark Two?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Curse Of The Cack Classic Mark Two?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

After last years Derby debacle on the future form front are we seeing something similar developing with this year’s Oaks?

Three fillies have run since and all were unplaced. The third horse at Epsom, The Lark ran in a group two in France, went off Jt Fav and was beaten over seven lengths in fifth. Tonight at Naas 4th home Moth went off 4/11 in a listed race over 10f and trailed home eighth of eleven runners.

Not great signs if you like to see the Classics working out formwise but I dare say a confidence boost for followers of Riposte and her chances of stepping up to the plate.

(look out for Cack Classic Mark 3 at a forum near you soon, well probably soon)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

The time of Oaks was very poor this year and so was The Derby.

Not many of the three year old’s this year will make it at Group 1 level at 4+.

The best three year old looks to be Leading Light from Aidan O’Brien’s yard.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

On a a related note I have only just noticed that this weekend its the Irish Derby but I’ve heard nothing about who’s running, doesn’t sound as though its going to be a memorable race this year.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

It didn’t bode well for The Oaks that Homecoming Queen Mark II (a.k.a. Moth) finished quite close. With race fitness on her side, she was supplemented to try to pinch the 1000 Guineas as the 2012 winner did. It may be a bad sign that Moth still finished close up in the Oaks once that advantage diminished.

I think Ruler Of The World could be a good Derby winner, though. If he improves with age as Duke Of Marmalade did, I could see him racking up multiple G1s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.