The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Curragh – Sunday

Home Forums Horse Racing Curragh – Sunday

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Anyone thinking of betting more than a few quid on this meeting may find this link useful:

Here

It’s a Dublin weather station, about 35 mins from the course, and is updated every 3 hours.<br>It shows that there has been about 9mm of rain overnight, which could seriously affect a few jollies such as Finsceal Beo, Arch Swing, and Dylan Thomas.<br>Fwiw, I can’t see Notnowcato being out of the first 3 in the Irish Champion.<br>

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from reet hard on 8:52 am on May 27, 2007[br]Anyone thinking of betting more than a few quid on this meeting may find this link useful:

Here

It’s a Dublin weather station, about 35 mins from the course, and is updated every 3 hours.<br>It shows that there has been about 9mm of rain overnight, which could seriously affect a few jollies such as Finsceal Beo, Arch Swing, and Dylan Thomas.<br>Fwiw, I can’t see Notnowcato being out of the first 3 in the Irish Champion.<br>

Just looking out my window now reet, rain has stopped for the last hour or so, and there is a good drying breeze out there. I’ll keep you up to date if the heavens open in the mean time.<br>By the way I live 2 miles from the track.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 252

The softer ground will not be to Dylan Thomas’s liking, I think. A poor fifth on soft in the International at York against inferior opposition.<br>One who will love the ground is Fracas,  50/1 :o  . All his wins on soft, yielding and heavy — Derrinstown, Betfred at Sandown and his maiden. Second last month to DT on ground too firm but needs to find 3 lengths.

I liked Youmzain until I was made aware of the jockey booking!!!

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2742

:old:

but isn’t it nice<br> not having to go out

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I realise Hughsey isn’t everyone’s cuppasoup but 471 winners at 14% over the last five years ain’t that bad.

In that time he has had 3/15 for Channon with an L.S.P. of £24.50!

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 252

A fair comment, Seabird. <br>But Tony Culhane also had a hugely impressive LSP for Mick Channon — but it doesn’t follow that I would risk a large wedge on that fella balancing a nag  around the elbow of the Curragh in the Tattersall’s.  :biggrin:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I don’t think that comparing Culhane and Hughes is really on , is it?

For all his failings, I don’t think Hughes gets his horses unbalanced and he certainly has wonderful hands and the ability to settle a horse.:cool:

Culhane, well, except for a very distinctive style in a finish I don’t think there is much I could say that couldn’t be thought of as slanderous!;)

Colin

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote: from madman marz on 9:21 am on May 27, 2007[br<br>Just looking out my window now reet, rain has stopped for the last hour or so, and there is a good drying breeze out there. I’ll keep you up to date if the heavens open in the mean time.<br>By the way I live 2 miles from the track.<br>

mm

Just nip out to the track and prod a stick in, would you?<br>Should be back comfortably for opening time.:biggrin:

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from reet hard on 10:44 am on May 27, 2007[br]

Quote: from madman marz on 9:21 am on May 27, 2007[br<br>Just looking out my window now reet, rain has stopped for the last hour or so, and there is a good drying breeze out there. I’ll keep you up to date if the heavens open in the mean time.<br>By the way I live 2 miles from the track.<br>

mm

Just nip out to the track and prod a stick in, would you?<br>Should be back comfortably for opening time.:biggrin:

I will be going racing later reet, it would be too late by then, your bets will probably be already struck. Unless you want to transfer me over a few grand and I will back on course for you.<br>Actually reet if the rain stays away there is fairly strong breeze out there, so I wouldnt be too worried about the ground. And the rainful last night and this morning was only steady/drissly no torrential downpours.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

She is starting to rain, although only lightly at the moment, but just looking at the clouds over the track, they look pretty bleak.<br>Gareth O Brien will keep you up to date on ATR from now on.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 252

Quote: from reet hard on 8:52 am on May 27, 2007[br]Fwiw, I can’t see Notnowcato being out of the first 3 in the Irish Champion.

Great call!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.