The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cross Country Chase 2021

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham Festival 2021 Cross Country Chase 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7180

Easysland 9-4

westender69
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

Took some of the 5/2. Don’t think there is any opposition to worry about if he turns up on the day. Love Tiger Roll but he’s obviously passed his best.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5687

Got to say I was disappointed with Eastland yday , no doubt he wasn’t 100% fit but I still thought he could have jumped better

• Total Posts 14937

With another Cross Country due next week at Cheltenham, I just wonder if we could see Champagne Classic here.

Interesting that he’s in many firms lists for this already.

He’s a proper old favourite of mine, he’s been good to me, but he’ll always be a very risky Antepost proposition, given his fragility.

Wouldn’t be a Cheltenham Antepost market without me betting him, so I’ve got to bet him with this in mind, even with the proviso that he might not even be in training after last years setback.

Was happy to take 16’s………until I saw him in “Any Race” market at 25’s. That price alone is enough to make me think we won’t see him, but I had to take that.

Champagne Classic (Any Race) 25’s

Participant
    • Total Posts 893

Have anything been said VTC re CC? He interests me, whereas Easysland doesn’t.

• Total Posts 14937

Haven’t heard a thing Charlie, but I thought it interesting the number of firms who have him priced up for this.

He was the first horse I looked for when Gigginstown were getting rid of a few. I’ve followed him for a few years now, which isn’t saying too much considering how little he’s been out.

I’ve bet him Antepost for Cheltenham the last few years, so had to bet him again.

It’s a seriously risky bet though. If he doesn’t get an entry for Cheltenham next week, I think it’s safe to say he won’t be running in this, also, he might not even be in training, and even if he comes into the picture for this, you wouldn’t be surprised if he had another setback.

shipithollabolla
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 129

Interesting market here. Connections always said Easysland was a real mudlark – the softer the better. Feels like they’re less fussy now JP owns the horse, but was slightly surprising to me that he even ran the other week. Obviously Easysland still ran well and probably needed the run but you’ve got to think he could be vulnerable if it came up good ground.

Bear in mind that (without intervention from the watering can), the XC course typically comes up one rung quicker than the outer courses. So a good-to-soft Festival would equal a borderline ‘good’ XC description. Even with Tiger Roll probably finished, I’d be looking to get Easysland beaten on that surface. And equally given heavy ground, he’d be a 1/2 shot!

Hopefully there’s a fresh Gigginstown shooter like a Champagne Classic or a Farclas (seen him floated by a few as one who might try) or a new French XC wonderkid skipping around the provinces. Easysland v Kingswell Theatre v Potters Corner would be pretty dull.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7207

Farclas would be interesting. Trainer was muttering about up in trip a lot at various points, and he likes good ground. Neat sized horse who could suit and perhaps one of the slightly quirky ones who can be kept sweet with XC fences.

Participant
    • Total Posts 893

Tbf I think finding horses the other side of channel will prove the most profitable strategy for the next 10 years of this race

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

Greenasgrass, Farclas is the one that interests me here, I can really see them considering it for him.

• Total Posts 14937

No Champagne Classic then.

I’m happy to write that one off, as I really wanted to see him entered Friday

• Total Posts 14937

I’m starting to get tempted to bet Tiger Roll one last time. I hadn’t looked at this race for the last two months.

He’s 7’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Easysland is going to miss his prep run and who knows if he will even be able to come over

The rumours about something being wrong were true as he had rhino pneumonia or something

Would be great to see tiger roll win again

• Total Posts 14937

Yeah, would be great to see FF. He wasn’t the same horse last year, and if anything near his best, then that 7’s is mental. Seriously considering it.

Small bit of encouragement also with Champagne Classic entered for The National. Not getting carried away though, considering his fragility, and his lack of prep round the course.

JamesStock21
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21

Can see Some Neck winner here LTO putting another good effort in here. 25’s with Hills, worrying news about Easysland not being right since his run in October.

Would love Tiger Roll to have one more swan song but thinks that’s optimistic going off recent evidence.

• Total Posts 14937

Interesting shout James.

Easysland hasn’t had an ideal prep, and his jumping was brutal here last time, as was Tiger Roll. I desperately want Tiger Roll to bounce back, but it’s two years now since he was as his absolute peak, and he was just ok last year. If I do bet him, it’ll probably be out of sentiment, though I could still make a case for betting him at the 7’s.

I’m close to joining you with Some Neck, and be interesting to see if he takes up his engagement in The National Trial at Haydock next week. He’s got course experience, and his price looks fair.

I think Shady Operator could be an interesting one as well.

• Total Posts 14937

Thought Shady Operator did well enough yesterday, enough for an early bet.

Certainly not main bet. I’m still hoping, even without a prep over the course that Champagne Classic comes here, but until we see the entries, I thought I’d give Shady a chance.

Some Neck still interesting, as is the 7’s on Tiger Roll.

Shady Operator 12’s NRNB

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.