The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cox Plate 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cox Plate 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3989

Armory @ 16/1

Looks like Ballydoyle are going pot hunting down under this year again. One of 6 horses from the stable that has gone into quarantine today and looks like this race is the plan with the race being run over 10F.

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 624

Botchy, I’ll definitely join you with that one, he ran a good race at the weekend.

If you don’t mind, I tried searching myself, but who are the others?

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3989
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 624

Thanks for that Botchy, very helpful.

I didn’t get there on time, so I only got 12-1 for Armory, but I’m still happy with that.

Good luck with him

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3989
    Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191

Magic Wand scratched, Buckhurst in.

Armory was inspected but good to go.

https://www.racing.com/news/2020-10-23/news-star-import-withdrawn-from-cox-plate-sb#/

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3989

I’m leaning towards Aspetar especially with 4 places on offer.

Armory’s form is there for all to see now, especially when Sottsass went on to win the Arc.But just a couple of lbs between them on ratings and Aspetar ran probably his best race ever at York in very smooth style suggesting he can step up to the next level in Europe. Probably does not need to step up more in this race to be fair.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Good prices with Armory chaps, Still looks a good bet at 5/1 to me

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17079

Happy to stick with Buckhurst again, and this trip looks more suitable.

Buckhurst 28’s EW 5 Places

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Sir Dragonet was my favourite horse last season so I was fascinated to see him running in Australia and stayed up to listen to the race.There was a massive plunge on him just before the off. He was in favoured stall 7 but does anyone know if the non runner in stall 4 meant that he was effectively in stall 6? Which doesn’t matter cause stall 6 was a good one, too. That lady jockey who rode Buckhurst sounds something special. By the way, my yearly plea for a link too Australian racing radio won’t be needed now as my new ipad takes me straight to it. The downside being that I can’t post on TRF on it so if I’m away from home I’m effectively muted.But still looking in…

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191

Hey Moehat, you can sign up to a free account on racing.com. You can watch the racing live on there. Similar to SSR and RUK not all of the tracks are available but MV defo is so you can watch Cox Plate live ;-)

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Sir dragonet is a gorgeous looking horse like his dad and seems like he’s headed for the Melbourne Cup. I’m sure coolmore aren’t too upset as having the first and third being by Camelot will add thousands onto his stud fee. Russian Camelot looks a good bet for the Melbourne cup.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Has he moved permanently to Australia? There was a different trainer name on the racecard.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Sold for a reputed £3.6m. Coolmore probably still have small stake in the horse. Great purchase.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.