Coronation Stakes 2019

Home Forums Royal Ascot 2019 Coronation Stakes 2019

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1663

Siyarafina 14/1

Looks a very promising filly. Think she’ll take some beating in the French 1000 Guineas. Looks a speedy type that should remain at a mile for now. Could exploit an open division in a race connections won with a similar type in Ervedya a few years back. Would imagine Hermosa’s next port of call will be Epsom rather than here.

Hoping she goes to Ascot over the Diane. If she wins the French Classic then her price for this will be carved apart.

@TomBoardman87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

Pontisback
    Participant
    • Total Posts 69

With what looks like a sub standard 1000 Guineas, perhaps not Qabala, I’d be looking elsewhere for the winner of this.

Maqsad looked awesome in the Pretty Polly an hour after the Guineas, clearly one for 10/ 12 furlongs now. But go back to the Craven meeting she beat Twist n Shake a neck over 1 mile in a maiden. To my eye Maqsad looked to outstay Twist n Shake, with the 2nd looking a speedier more natural miler. She’s currently 50/1 for this and rates a confident selection.

Twist n Shake @50s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 321

Breeders cup winner newspaperofrecord will not be coming over for this apparently, just said on sky sports racing

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5525

I’m sticking in Natalie’s Joy for this before she runs later today at York. I expected
    great things from her this year and was disappointed that she didn’t take her
    place in the 1000 Guineas. Mark Johnston reported there were some problems when
    she came back after the break which meant they ran out of time. I thought she was
    hugely promising last year, not least on her maiden bow at Goodwood where she
    slaughtered the field in a very fast time. I’ve backed her in today’s race at York,
    and taken the 20/1 with Hills for this as it will disappear if she does as well
    as I expect her to today.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

I’ve just joined you there Pontisback with Twist N Shake.

Twist N Shake @ 40/1 E/W

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1116

Jubiloso looked a potential top-notcher when slamming the colts, conceding weight to most of them, at Newbury this afternoon and looks worth backing if she takes her chance here.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 921

Qabala 5/1

Took this yesterday when i read a column quoting Varian. Quite a few NRs likely, be nice and fresh if/when she’s left out of the Curragh this weekend and being a Scat Daddy she should thrive at Ascot on nice ground.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8154

I’m with you on Qabala 5/1 Kev although hoping she’ll show up at the Curragh on Sunday as it looks a race she could walk away with, this will be tougher as some nice improving fillys entered but confident she is going to be high class this season :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25624

Thirded.
    Could only get a tenner matched at 5.6/1 yesterday on Qabala and had the rest @ 5/1.
    Must say though, Gladiateur is right about Frankel’s relation Jubiloso, very impressive. Expect her to be the better filly come the end of the season. Showed a lot of speed in that race though, may well come here but the Jersey is a possibility for the softly softly catchee monkey Stoutey.

value is everything

IgorBiscan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Seems Hermosa will be calling here as her next port of call…..

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

Twist N Shake isn’t going to run.

But it’s ok.. Hermosa at 11/8 could be the best shorty of the week.

I think she’s deserving of being 10/11 at this stage.

I’ll have a saver on Maqsad at surely 7/1 or bigger if she was declared.

But it’s Hermosa @ 11/8 who is a wheelbarrow job here.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

Had a saver on Maqsad at 12/1 (each way) who’s a huge price. Just because she broke my heart when failing to stay in the Oaks and she’d do so again if somehow beating Hermosa here. At 12s, happy to play her each way. She travelled into the race very well before failing to see out the trip.

Maqsad E/W at 12/1

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 321

Haggas has said maqsad is unlikely to be running

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

Thanks for that Final Furlong. The jockey was speaking earlier like she was a definite runner.

Cashed out anyway. Cheers.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15096

I really like Pretty Pollyanna for The July Cup, so I have to side with here here too.

Very likeable type, and I didn’t see much wrong with her run last time. Happy to go early at this price, and I’d go in again should she be declared.

Pretty Pollyanna 9’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.