The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coronation Stakes 2021

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2021 Coronation Stakes 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Snow Lantern 10/1

Looked a very talented filly when winning at Newbury, showing a very nice turn of foot

Hopefully she wins tomorrow then all roads surely lead here, maybe stepping up to 10f then later in the season

I feel like if the oaks was the aim they’d be trying her over 10f in a trial not sticking with a mile

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

From this entry, and what I have read from connections, I think your assessment regarding trip is accurate FF. Still surprised they skipped the Guineas for this very reason.

Derab of Daddy & Thaddy, who she turned over LTO, runs tomorrow too in a Novice and is a short enough jolly. All conjecture for the moment, but 10/1 Snow Lantern could well be a distant memory if they both win cosily, as I suspect they might well.

BUY THE SUN

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

JOAN OF ARC 12/1 With bet365 is my bet very good last time only get better from now on

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7768

Snow Lantern 11-1 ew

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

Snow Lantern 20-1 ew

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Awful

Pulled her chance away

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Just nowhere near good enough. I’ve been mugged by a good pedigree again.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Snow Lantern pulled away her chances there
    I wouldn’t give up on her just yet, seemingly needs a strong pace to help settle at the mile at this stage although she travelled so well last time out. One thing for sure is she’d never settle or last home in an Oaks at this stage of her career.
    Hannon may swerve this but she certainly is better than today’s effort

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

I think Levey gave her an awful ride today you could see her wanting to run and he was holding onto her and then somehow she managed to get intimidated throughout the race by Divine Light, firstly by pushing her against the rail and then by coming across left to eyeball her and almost definitely pushed her out of her rhythm so she just ran on one paced.

I agree with Nathan not to give up on her yet but feel Hannon has missed his opportunity and she should have run in the 1000 Guineas. Have to put that behind us now but she was definitely made a target by the boys in blue today.
    Her mum Sky Lantern could always come with a sweeping run from off the pace but her sire wanted nothing better than to lead the pack and I think that’s what she needs.

The fact that Derab who was behind her last time out ran away with his race at Newmarket today (won by 6½ lengths) proves that she should have won easily today if she had been given her head. :unsure:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

I wouldnt blame the jockey

He couldn’t just let her run as she then wouldn’t learn to settle

Hopefully what he did will benefit her going forward

If she doesn’t learn to settle she won’t be winning anything

Participant
    • Total Posts 16972

Not totally blaming the jockey FF he was probably ridng to instructions and Frankel progeny are often headstrong. It was the whole run of the race and she was definitely getting into her stride as Divine Light came left and spoilt her run.

I hope a line can be drawn under that race and she will go on to success at Royal Ascot and beyond, so much was expected of her yesterday. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7520

Not a huge amount between the top UK and Irish fillies here and it’s just a question of which one is best set up for this race. I’m opposing them with the Peter Schiergen trained Novemba who stepped up significantly on previous form with a resounding win in the German 1,000 Guineas at Dusseldorf, leading and galloping clear impressively in the final two furlongs. German form is invariably under-rated when they bring their horses to the UK but the trainer will know what he has got and there’s likely to be some decent value about this one. Early market soon after declarations gives a best price of 14/1 but I suspect bigger will be available.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3888

Another 3yo headscratcher!

Anyone remember why Shale didn’t run in the Ire 1000G?

20-1 would look potentially nice.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7768

Pretty Gorgeous 11-2 ew 4 places

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

“Anyone remember why Shale didn’t run in the Ire 1000G?”

Soft ground i believe

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Snow lantern needs to be dropped in trip

She must have some ability to pull that hard for so long and finish 2nd

She should be dropped to 6/7f

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7768

Didnt see that coming.

Pretty Gorgeous disappointing at the finish i thought she came through to win then went out like a light.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.