The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coral Challenge 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Coral Challenge 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17330

Very strong looking line up here…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/54/sandown/2020-07-05/761021

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/coral-challenge/winner

I’m a very big Overwrite fan, and he was impressive enough on Sunday, but will this come too soon.

Stablemate Dark Vision catches the eye, but it’s another from the yard who catches my eye though, and that’s Cognac, who I thought showed a fine attitude at Kempton. Maybe not in the class of Dark Vision, but I like him at 10’s.

I’ve always liked Chatez, but he’s let me down a couple of times, and he’s double booked.

In the same ownership, Motakhaayel and Afaak also appeal, and that’s enough for me to sit this one out Antepost.

Very definitely one for Final Decs.

coops72
    Participant
    • Total Posts 78

i like arthurian fable – stable going ok

• Total Posts 17330

It doesn’t look any easier to find the winner, but it’s easier to whittle down the shortlist, with only one of mine making it.

I will definitely chance Chatez, but hoping for bigger than the 16’s.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

Really like Montatham but he’s too short at 7/2. If he drifted to 9/2 he’d be a bet.

One I’ve taken a chance on is Acquitted 11/1.
    Curtis went too soon on him for me at Newcastle and was picked up by SJP winner Palace Pier in the final furlong. Was a big gamble that day aswell.

He then ran dismally at Ascot and was tailed off, but I think that was a mix of the ground & run coming too soon. Hopefully an easy time there and an easy couple of weeks has freshened him up and he’s ready to run his race again. Watson doing a low weight for the ride a big positive also.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3596

Well worth a look back at Qaysar’s run FTO at Newmarket. Incredible really. :wacko:

Pogo went on to bolt up in a listed race last weekend and the Hannon horse just had no where to go in the Hunt Cup last time.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1642

I backed acquitted at ascot because of his run behind palace pier

He ran absolutely no race then but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as off 93 I’d be very surprised if he didn’t have a few lbs in hand

8.6 on the exchange seems a fair price

• Total Posts 17330

Chatez hitting 22’s now, hoping to see him even bigger before I have a go.

TheKryptonFactorTheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1070

Expect Acquitted to bolt up, only concern would be the run last time (surely too bad to be true).

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 380

While the ground is not ideal Gallopi has been in good form and I’ll play e.w at a nice price , I’m still waiting on the yard to really hit its stride but I don’t think that’s to far away

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 196

Dark vision at these prices i think. Montatham way too short to take dark vision won better than 3 lbs imo looking closely at the last race came back from further bot clear and bustles between horses. I know it’s a handicap and off 106 its a tall order. The top two in the market only have to run a couple of lb either way to beat each other they both still at an improvement age. Its a strong headwind and up hill sandown I think dark vision will see it out better and 15/8 vs 4/1 ( waiting to try and get 9/2) is too much of a discrepancy. My main concern would be the possibly better handicapped horses in ACQUITED (if bouncing back) and ViA SERENDIPITY or even MUTASAAMY off a low weight. so I’d never take this short on the fav in this handicap. Whether the fav wins obviously got a good chance but 15/8 too short

jimmy gimini
    Participant
    • Total Posts 196

Its more like 11/8 :wacko:

• Total Posts 17330

I’ve decided to swerve Chatez for now.

He’s out to 40’s now, and though I’m not averse to a big price, it’s a fair old drift.

I’ll bet him in running if he looks like challenging, but I’ll obviously miss the 40’s in that case.

• Total Posts 17330

Nice EW price HDLG

Very pleased I sat that one out, but I’d be taking Zwaayan out of it.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 380

I backed prev time when he won at 28-1 so he,s looked after me over the last few weeks , had a 40-1 3rd early to , strange Fahey shorter priced horses haven’t ran to well today

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.