The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Constitution Hill

Home Forums Horse Racing Constitution Hill

Viewing 17 posts - 596 through 612 (of 1,517 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Henderson is still angry from the media/punter saga of Shishkin being pulled out the Tingle Creek

He is a miserable, grumpy, old sassy fart..

Love him..❤️❤️

Blackbeard to conquer the World

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3109

Hendo’s comments are misleading especially as the previous day he said it was ‘beautiful ground’ and it is not as if the ground ontop was firm – a man pushing a walking stick into the ground is not an accurate reflection of her the ground will be for half a tonne of racehorse galloping on said ground.

To me King’s comments of “We’ve only had a handful of runners at Ascot this season and most of them have come back with a problem,” is much more incendiary as to indicate that perhaps Ascot are at fault by producing unsafe ground.

Nico made a comment of ‘The trouble with this time of year and the changing climate is that good ground in autumn is very different to good ground in spring’. WTF…..good ground is good ground, what would be different is the perception he gets from him walking the course in his riding boots and then riding the course on the back of half a tonne of racehorse.

Adam Wedge who rode Coole Cody to win, had spoken of “safe ground but not winter ground”. Wasn’t that exactly what trainers were lamenting the lack of when we get the usual soft/heavy winter ground? How often do they trundle out the old comment of ‘he wants, better ground’ or ‘he’ll be a better horse on better ground’ when clearly that is a lie because when you do eventually get ‘better ground’ they more often than not don’t run them on it.

Granted, the water table is probably much lower than it has been in many a year, you only have to look at the NH course back during Royal Ascot to see how dry it got so any rain will be supped up more quickly but if you have a NH horse that can’t go on ground that the fastest time of the day that was run was still 5.36s slower than standard then you really should call it a day because that is not unsafe ground.

To put a rather ironic cherry on top of the whole day was the fact that the last race (and the biggest field of the day with a whopping 8 runners) was won by:

THAMES WATER 😉

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I notice Nick Luck has tweeted “Plenty of runners on this week’s ‘Luck on Sunday'”.

Looks like even he is having a go at our finest trainers.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“How many Ascot Hurdle winners have you trained?”

Said no one ever.

Cheltenham Festival winners tend to stay longer in the memory and blokes who’ve trained over 70 of them know this.

Henderson is now the Millwall of Jumping: “No one likes me – I….don’t….CARE.”

Like Nathan, I love him.

Admittedly the 3/1 Constitution Hill 2023 Champion Hurdle ante-post voucher helps.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

“No one likes me – I….don’t….CARE.”

Nicky is three time winner of TRF Awards Jumps Trainer of the Year,
    his main aim in life is to scoop the villain of the year award.

What are the odds Shishkin runs in the tingle creek

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2901

If there is Firm, Good, Soft or Heavy in the description he won’t.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Entered in the Fighting Fifth.

Ground currently soft.

We shall see.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Is that by horsebox?

A bit risky with the Just Stop Oil protesters clogging up the motorways

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

“What are the odds Shishkin runs in the tingle creek”

Not great. He would have to run against at least one race fit horse that has won grade 1s. And there might be ground.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

Epatante surely is the FF first choice. Shishkin will face at least one very fit Nicholls horse in the TG. Trained by a man who not only enters, but also runs horses.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

I’m not sure I’m happy about the idea of “The Hill” mixing with northerners.

Sandown Park, in Esher, in February for that nice easy race See You When? used to win is quite enough racing before landing Chezza’s 3/1 ante-post bet at Chelters in March.

Cancello
    Participant
    • Total Posts 268

Not to forget for his third CH his prep/reappearance was on a miserable, overcast and rainy Friday at Haydock Park in early March.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Good point, well made, but then I’d expect nothing less from a man who names himself after one of first two horses (they were in a match) I ever saw run live in a Jumps race (at Doncaster in January 1978).

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Henderson once drove My Tent or Yours all the way to Scotland to run off top weight in a handicap
    The horse lost, had two years off the track after that and lost 9 on the bounce
    His previous run had come a neck second in the Champion Hurdle

Nicky won’t do that with Constitution Hill

price of petrol is too high

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

“Sandown Park, in Esher, in February for that nice easy race See You When? used to win”

The Contenders’ Hurdle (as was) is no more, according to NJH himself. He apparently received correspondence from Sandown saying that they’ve done away with the race, as he revealed to Matt Chapman at Ascot on Saturday:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3439

Has he heard of the Irish Champion Hurdle? Being in favour of a 5-day Cheltenham festival tells you all you need to know about Hendo these days. The other day he bemoaned the fact that Altior had a hard race when beaten at 1/3 by Cyrname.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Thanks, Gladders – the occasional downside of Chezza’s blanket mute policy laid bare (because I found that interesting).

Auteuil is in France – a country not exactly on the other side of the planet from us – and they seem to water for ground no quicker than Soft, frequently Very Soft or Heavy, yet they never (unless I miss it?) seldom if ever seem to abandon waterlogged.

Artificial watering is anathema to me, but is is exaggerated French-style heavy watering, with Soft the new Good, where UK Jump racing (with UK Flat not far behind it) the direction in which we will soon formally be inevitably headed?

The final nail in the coffin of Firm ground horses in the breed?

Viewing 17 posts - 596 through 612 (of 1,517 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.