The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Congratulations – you are now unemployed!

Home Forums Lounge Congratulations – you are now unemployed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I was just watching Big Brother.

I watched as those 3 idiots giggled away to themselves and thought to myself:

"keep laughing morons, you’ve just thrown your careers away"

They’ll not be laughing when they come out. Dumb ****
    ers.

Steve

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I just read a comment on a forum that:

"Jane Goody makes two short planks look like a computer"

I’ve never heard that one before. Wish I had thought it up myself.

Steve

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Jeesus are there people still watching Big Brother? :o

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Sorry I am all confused now. I thought it was Celebrity big brother? What is Jade Goody doing in there? Come to think of it what are any of them doing in there? Mad people.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I saw the vile rascist slur replayed on the news the other night .. <br>‘Who is it that eats with their fingers?'<br>’Indians or maybe Chinesse, I dont know.'<br>’Yuk!’<br>.. hardly trying to coax the Indian girl into putting her head in the oven are they?

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4724

Quote: from bigtony on 10:38 pm on Jan. 17, 2007[br]Wait a minute….What career:biggrin: ????<br>

A career built on total stupidity!

Apparently she’s on £310,000 to be in the BB House. Stupidity pays dividends it seems!

Rob

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

I take it when they get out given that they’ve been on television and are likely to influence people they’ll be arrested for "incitement of racial hatred"

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

Quote: from robnorth on 1:05 pm on Jan. 18, 2007[br]

<br>Apparently she’s on £310,000 to be in the BB House. Stupidity pays dividends it seems!

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the (American) people" – H L Mencken

Haven’t seen this tawdry programme but from what I can glean from news reports it would appear to me to be little more than a particularly nasty case of bitchiness, with the attendant all-too-easy racial slurs blown out of all proportion by the media: a gang of ugly, dim, foul-mouthed women feeling threatened by – and jealous of – a lissome, diffident, attractive, educated, well-spoken lady.

"Misogynist: a man who hates women as much as women hate one another" – Mencken again

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Was it racist?

Personally I think it was an attack on her class. She has so much more to give than the three girls who gave her abuse. She has the looks, the film career, a future and possibly loads of money. (not sure).

She was also capable of dishing out a few insults of her own.

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

I have been watching Big Brother and say it is classic school playground bullying with a touch of racism thrown in amongst other things. I don’t think the girls are smart enough to realise that they are being a racist pack of bitches. However they clearly are.

Quite agree with Drone’s view on the reasons they are ganging up on Shilpa. What is amazing is that nobody in there has the spine or the balls to put a stop to it.

Although Shilpa was reported to say that she retracted her comments that it was racist abuse she has not heard the behind her back comments that the viewers have. She will change her mind when she sees the VT.

Where did they find such a bunch of thickos!!!! Did you have to fail an IQ test to get in or something? The programme with Jade & Jack’s Eskimo & nipples questions was priceless. PMSL. Scary to think what passes for celebrity these days.<br>

Katy
    • Total Posts 73

I’ve just found out my ex is auditioning to get in the next BB, he would fit right in with all the other knobheads in there IMO!  

I look forward to the day actually, as i will really enjoy telling the tabloids everything about him and ruining his life, and getting paid for it, even better!!!!  Might even see some of the 500 quid he "borrowed" off me which i never got back!!

Me, bitter……..nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Revenge is a dish best served cold!:biggrin:

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Katy – get in touch with them and they might put you in there with him. Then you could REALLY get your revenge and, to make things even more rosy, we could all watch!

Danielle – easily led and too stupid to realise the implications of her words/actions<br>Jade  – totally ignorant<br>Jo – worst of the three by miles. She knows exactly what’s going on and eggs it on with her little encouraging smirks and smiles at the other two. She reminds me of the nasty kid at school who starts all teh troubble, retires to the background and then watches it all go off.

I know its de rigeur to say teh programme is rubbish and the lowest common denominator and all that but IMO it is an absolutely brilliant concept which continues to force society to confront some of the uncomfortable realities of Britain today. Since day 1 it’s been a reasonably accurate mirror of our society, in its own way.  

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

It’s what happens when you put a load of morons with more money than IQ points in the BB house.

I’ve not watched it and I haven’t seen any clips of it because I’m in the US at the moment, but it sounds like a big fuss over nothing…am I right that it made front page headlines/leading story on the news programmes? If that’s the case I think the sensationalist media need to get real. People make comments like that every day – obviously in the public eye it’s less acceptable but as I said before… you’d expect those sorts of overpaid losers to start spouting such drivel. If more respected and intelligent public figures were caught out like that then I could understand more of a reaction…

However, the quote that Dave Jay posted (about eating with fingers), to me, wouldn’t be racist – they’re merely referring to a nation of people in a childish way. I’m really getting it ripped out of me for being a Brit over here :biggrin:

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

AM I right in thinking its Jade and Shilpa up for eviction this week?

Jade will think she’s home and hosed. The look when she gets evicted will be priceless.

Tete Rouge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 119

I’m really getting it ripped out of me for being a Brit over here  

Which is one reason why it is not a "big fuss over nothing" – I don’t particularly want to be labelled a racist because I am British!

In any event, even if no "racism" is involved – and I do believe some of the stuff we have seen amounts to racism – there is bullying.  

(Edited by Tete Rouge at 5:17 pm on Jan. 19, 2007)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.