The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Claymore

Home Forums Horse Racing Claymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 211

Absolutely gutted by the death of this gallant horse who gave 110% every time he ran. He was always a great favourite of mine and deserved a better end.

Although I backed the winner it gave me no pleasure whatsoever and I left the course with a lump in my throat.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Agree with you 100% and watching him fall and seeing immediately that it was a bad one took a lot of the pleasure away from what has been a very good day for me.<br>I love horses and hate seeing these incidents – don’t think that I will ever get used to it.    

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8820

Sympathies to connections who must be gutted.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Saw this on the giant screen at Towcester this afternoon, and there were certainly a few gasps from those in the stands who knew exactly how bad a fall it was straight away.

Being a neck break I presume it was a very swift demise, but clearly no less devastating for connections all the same.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I can only echo the sentiments expressed above ~ he was such a bonny horse and a bold jumper who always tried his best.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

I think the owner was hosting a party on the course yesterday. A real shame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.