The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

clan royal retired

Home Forums Horse Racing clan royal retired

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Hear hear!

The best Aintree horse never to win a National in my lifetime. He will go down as one of my National favourites, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Although I think it was the right timing by connections, he just didn’t look himself this season.

DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

hopefully he has a good retirement as Friggo says he was great around Aintree.

quixallcrossettquixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Yes he was a good old stick over the Aintree fences. Assured of a good home too I would imagine with Istabraq & co.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Good home guaranteed over there with Risk of Thunder, Istabraq, Elegant Lord, Flagship Uberalles etc.

Wouldn’t say he was the best horse never to win a National, certainly unlucky but Merry People was absolutely cantering 2 out a few years back when coming down :(

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

The best horse never to win 2 Nationals how about that?<br>

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 2:17 am on May 3, 2007[br]<br>Wouldn’t say he was the best horse never to win a National, certainly unlucky but Merry People was absolutely cantering 2 out a few years back when coming down :(<br>

I wouldn’t call that bad luck. Merry People couldn’t jump the fences. He fell again in at least one other National that I remember.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

I’d call it shocking luck.  He jumped all bar two of them and was travelling better than everything when seemingly given no chance by the punters.

Just annoys me that Clan Royal is considered really unlucky and Merry People is forgotten.  Think MP fell at Foinavon the following year and was pulled up the year after – I kept backing him, never did I get the 200’s again though :(

Seagull – would bring Suny Bay into the argument but probs best not to ;)

ToneLoc
    • Total Posts 101

Quote: from Friggo on 7:27 pm on May 2, 2007[br]Hear hear!

The best Aintree horse never to win a National in my lifetime. He will go down as one of my National favourites, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Although I think it was the right timing by connections, he just didn’t look himself this season.<br>

Well, in that case, surely the right time to retire him was last year… ;)

ninahagen4ninahagen4
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

Here’s wishing you a long happy retirement,richly deserved.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Good to hear one of our jumping greats can retire to a good home

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.