The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Christmas Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Christmas Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

The winner of the Champion Hurdle will not come from this race.

• Total Posts 1511

The greatest thing about this result is that Paul Caberry wasnt even on Board. Come the festival that could be a extra 5lb….as the man is born to ride this horse and how sweet it would be that Go Native wins the Champion Hurdle(carbon copy) of the great Harchibald who retired this year under a the exact same ride but different result.

I can only wish that happens

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Did no one see at all how close Cape Triubulation was here????

I do find it outstanding really a horse Zaynar could have crushed at will.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Hang on – wasn’t ‘Binny’ meant to have been ‘back to his best’ before todays mauling, after apparently sulking after his reappearance defeat at Newcastle? Don’t tell me, there’s still much much work to be done with the horse and it’s only Cheltenham and March that matters. The £1 million bonus doesn’t mean anything either, and it had nothing to do with ‘Binny’ lining up at Newcastle, of course!

Zaynar by how far is the only bet I’m looking at now.

:D

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Fist, your allegiance to "Binny" is a microcosm of your punting problem. You need to be fickle, and desert your heroes as new evidence comes to light. You won’t have any problem getting takers for 10-1 about him for March- he’s spat the dummy, time to move on.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

And back what Carv?

Binocular has proved he can go with the best at Cheltenham and I’ve seen nothing to make me think it will be that different in March.

We know Go Native stops in front, Starluck won’t get the trip, Zaynar has yet to be tested in top class, Solwhit probably needs further in top class, Celestial Halo flopped, Punjabi looks as good as ever but has yet to prove it., Hurricane Fly may or may not run and unless Kyber King has improved a stone he won’t win.

I think the race is wide open and no one horse stands out.

First it was Katchit that was finished then it was Kauto ,then Denman and now Binocular.

I’ve backed losers before and will back them again so I’ll take my chances he’ll bounce back. With Kauto winning I have a nice 20/1 double with Binocular going so I don’t have bet Binny again but stuff it I will.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

A somewhat rosy-spectacled view of the Champion Hurdle, Fist, if you don’t mind me saying.

As Carv says, sometimes it makes more sense just to let go…..though I concede it’s probably harder if you’ve had a fanfare accompany every post you have ever made about a horse. :mrgreen:

dunk disorderly
    • Total Posts 26

I still think Zaynar is the one,Go Native will not be far for the big one either,I think Meade and his team know a lot more from yestarday,Binny still good but he needs to rediscover his true form.

• Total Posts 128

What does Go Native have to do to be taken seriously?? Yes, the mare, VLV beat him, but he was only 50% wound up then, Id readily dismiss that form. Also, mares just DONT win Champion Hurdles. Someone said that Go Native wont find enough off the bridle at a stiff track like Cheltenham?!! Hmmmm, just where was the Supreme Novices run at then??? Go Native and Denman are the 2 bankers for Cheltenham. Binocular hasnt even earned another crack at the Champion this season, I think its back to the drawing-board for connections.

• Total Posts 128

Dunk, just what is Binoculars ‘true form’? Is it possible hes just been way over-hyped, without ever actually showing why on the race-track? Thats what I think. Go Native will win, with Zaynar, Solwhit and Hurricane Fly (if hes fit) as the main dangers. If connections can get Hurricane Fly back to his best, he is the horse to beat, but thats a big if…

• Total Posts 128

Fist, what happened to ur prediction?? Did Go Native quit, as u predicted, or was it the mule-ish Binocular who wouldnt put it all in?? At Cheltenham, the pace will be even quicker, which will suit Go Native more than any horse in the race. Like I predicted last week, Go Native WILL win the Champion, hes the best horse in the race. Watch out for a Paul Carberry special, reminiscent of Harchibald. Difference being that Go Native WILL go past.

towerto
    • Total Posts 92

zaynar is running in the wrong race for me
    he is too slow for the Champion hurdle and he is very lazy i think he has a great chance of winning the world hurdle i will back him for 2011 world hurdle when he ll finish unplaced in Champion hurdle 2010 8)

• Total Posts 128

Towerto, a certain couple of horses called Istabraq and Hardy Eustace were considered ‘too slow’ to win Champion Hurdles, remember? A real good stayer always goes well at Cheltenham, Zaynar is not out of it by any stretch of the imagination. Binocular, on the other hand, looks really out of sorts, or possibly, just not good enough.

• Total Posts 1046

Champion Hurdle talk always makes people do funny things.
    Not sure why, but it does.

Saying Go Native "WILL WIN" the race 3 months before the event is a prime example.

It’s all very strange, and, it seems to me, unnecessary.

The talk around Binocular has always been amusing, it’s a shame it will start to stop now, although maybe not on here :mrgreen:

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

I’m just pleased the juveniles and novices of last year are putting it up to last seasons motley crew. Last seasons renewal was awful, like three drunks staggering over the finish fine.

• Total Posts 1046

There’s nothing to suggest that that race was of a poor standard.

It’s a distinct possibility that the 1-2 could be the same this year. Ok Solwhit and Zaynar will have a word about that, but it’s possible.

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

Also, mares just DONT win Champion Hurdles.

Flakey Dove, Dawn Run……about as rarely as 5yos.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.