The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP 2009 and 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP 2009 and 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 623 total)
  • Author
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Air Force One and Neptune Collonges for me I think

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

If Neptune Collonges was beaten a shorthead by Kauto Star last year and has improved (I would find it very hard to argue that KS has improved) then why is it more than twice the price that KS is?

I would love to see Denman retain it but I dunno… thing is about its last race what would you say if Madison De Berlais hadn’t been in it? Denman cantered round at a very decent pace and was 20 lengths ahead of the rest of the field despite lugging left at the fences and clearly not being 100% fit. I think Madison De Berlais is underrated in the betting for this though it wasn’t doing too much before it had cheekpieces fitted. I will take Madison to beat Denman with Neptune Collonges and Kauto Star finishing not too far behind – I’m just not really sure Kauto Star would relish a battle up the hill with stamina reserves running low particularly if it makes the odd mistake.

But we will see! A very good race and the toughest to call for a while

• Total Posts 263

Exotic Dancer looked back to his best last time out and unlike last year it looks like he’s had a trouble free preparation for the race. I think he’s got a major chance today.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

For the purposes of betting I have left this race alone because there are doubts about all of them. Having said that Star De Mohaison has much better form in the book than Barbers Shop and is twice the price. I also think Timmy Murphy could suit him.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

I think the reason people are backing Barber’s Shop is he’s had a lot of press coverage which was total hype. Plus he belongs to the Queen.

Nicky Henderson actually got very cross with several members of the press who quoted him, as having said, he would win the Gold Cup. At that time Nicky made it clear he didn’t think he was good enough to win it.

Makes me wonder why he’s running him :lol:

Considering he has run and been beaten twice at Cheltenham it would take a brave man to support him to any great extent.

He is a classy looking horse but has run in one 3m chase in his life, beating nothing of note at Sandown, which is not the toughest course in the land.

Whether or not this extended 3m 2f trip on the toughest course of them all will turn him into some sort of wonder horse or not, who knows?

I tend to think he’ll run well being a Nicky Henderson horse without being too much trouble for the likes of Kauto Star Neptune ED or Denman who have all earned their rights to be here.

CarterUSM
    • Total Posts 6

Methinks Kauto is terrible value (apart from the huge historical stat he has to overcome), and he’s possibly better going right handed on a flat track; stats say Exotic Dancer & Neptune Collonges can’t win cos they’ve been previously placed (and Exotic’s never beaten Kauto in several attempts). Barbers Shop is sound e/w value; has good profile (1st season novice, placed at the Festival, won over 3m, right age), and the Paddy Power form was made to look good yesterday by Imperial Commander.

Think MDB is underrated; even given Denman was below par LTO, the rest were beaten out of sight & I don’t think he’s been given the credit he deserves for that win. Forget his pre-Hennessy record at Cheltenham, as the cheekpieces appear to have improved him out of all recognition.

But (although I’ve done MDB & e/w Barbers) I’d love to see Denman come good again and stuff them all. His Hennessy win was possibly the most awesome weight carrying performance I’ve ever seen, and after last year I was hoping he was the best staying chaser since Arkle. Don’t mind that on this occasion I’ve let my heart rule my head and backed him accordingly.

Come on the Tank!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 158

COME ON DENMAN

• Total Posts 1415

I’m excited now. Just hope Albertas Run doesn’t win or I might jump in a canal as my Walk On double would’ve been oh so close.

What do I hope for from the race? Either Denman to come back to his frightening best of last year and light up the racing world OR Kauto Star to win again and underline the fact that he is the best chaser of recent times (no Master Minded isn’t) OR my old mate Exotic Dancer to win a deserved Gold Cup crown, he’s been a magnificent chaser who just had the mis-fortune to keep coming up against the imperious Kauto Star.

Any one of those results and I’ll be happy.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

• Total Posts 2440

Looks like Sam Thomas was just kicking Denman to walk around at the start there.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

So, has Kauto Star

pissed up

yet?

Zip

• Total Posts 1415

KAUTO STAR WHAT A ****ING HORSE,

Anyone STILL think Master Minded is the best around?

Forget it, Kauto is something else.

• Total Posts 1537

Get in thereeeeeeeeee. What a horse, and i told you earlier where stats get you.

I make that TWO gold cups.

Yassssssssssss.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

That was AMAZING

Best Kauto Star performance we have ever seen.

• Total Posts 2440

Great run from Kauto Star.

Fantastic run from Denman though considering he has had such a complicated preparation, i think a Summer off will do him the world of good.

• Total Posts 318

:D

paceform.org

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Absolutely stunning……

Couldnt believe how ell Denman ran… but Kauto is simply a horse in a million.

Will the last Nichols sniper turn the lights off on the way out? :) Some training performance…to say the least

Participant
    • Total Posts 735

Great run from Kauto Star.

Fantastic run from Denman though considering he has had such a complicated preparation, i think a Summer off will do him the world of good.

Yeah, I’m inclined to agree.

I wonder if the Monopolies Commision are going to have a word with Nicholls/Walsh…….. :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 623 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.