The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham Banker

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham Banker

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    guesty
    • Total Posts 8

Apart from stating the obvious candidates such as Kauto Star, Inglis Drever. Who would be everybodys banker of the festival? I would be putting up Captain Cee-Bee in the Supreme Novices Hurdle. He is currently trading at 8/1 and in what looks like being a very open renewal this year i think he could take all the beating. He goes there unbeaten over timber and should being ridden by the champion jockey AP aswell. I also like the prospects of Zaarito in the champion bumper to, he looks the type that can continue the irish strangle hold of the race. He is currently trading at 5/1. I have backed them both already anti-post!

shaund10
    • Total Posts 101

I think harchibald is a banker for a place. i agree with you about zaarito. Although the triumph hurdle isn’t a race for bankers, i really like the look of franchoek

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

How can you have a banker in an ‘open renewal’, guesty?

As it happens my best bet goes in the same race in the form of Numide.

guesty
    • Total Posts 8

Yes i must agree with you on Francheok he does look banker material.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Is this guesty PAUL Guest I ask myself? As in former full back I managed?

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

oh well you’ve stopped me from putting up Inglis Drever, so I go with Chomba Womba in the mares, assuming she’s running.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Its hard to have a "banker" at Cheltenham, every race is so competitive. How many bankers get beaten every year? Amaretto Rose / Well Chief last year were a lot of people’s bankers neither won. Aran Concerto – remember him?

I’ll be having a quiet Cheltenham won’t be doing much business. If I had to nominate a best bet at this stage I’d go for Sizing Europe in the Champion Hurdle. His performance in Ireland was way above what any other 2m hurdler has performed this season and a faster pace should suit him as he was pulling all the way through that race. Would be happier if he hurdled rather than leapt two foot over each obstacle but nevertheless if he reproduces his run in Ireland he’ll be difficult to beat.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Denman !

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I go with Chomba Womba in the mares, assuming she’s running.

I blimmin’ well hope she is. I fancy a Chomba Womba – Gaspara one-two in that race.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi all, i will be hoping that Breedsbreeze will pass the Lollypop 1st in the Ballymore Properties.

I am waiting for the Final decs for the Foxhunters As well.

Cheers.

Adrian.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Sizing Europe- if you’re not on already, get on!

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

was going to be Nevada Royale in the RSA chase but declared a NR tonight :(

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

was going to be Nevada Royale in the RSA chase but declared a NR tonight :(

Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.

Did I mention bugger?

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

My favorite bet in terms of likelyhood to win is definitely Master Minded as IMHO he goes to cheltenham looking like he can only beat himself, and you cant really ask for better than that.

Backed noland a long while ago and he has been backed like he isnt getting beaten in the arkle but his only track performance suggested a fair bit of improvemnet was needed so dont know what to make of that.

My main banker bet for cheltenham is an e/w bet on a Triumph horse, WON IN THE DARK, I just cant see this horse finishing out of the top 3. Being a montjeu he needs a decent clip, and his form reflects this, he was beaten by franchoek in a slow affair early on in the season and that seems to put most people off him. However, he then came out and won really impressively at leopardstown since then but was beaten a neck since at a slow pace. He’ll get his decent pace in the triumph, he’s tough, nicely actioned, consistent, well bred and has the right blend of speed and stamina required to go well in this race, best of all he’s overpriced at 20-1.

I too still really like Khyber Kim for the Supreme Novice and Captain Cee Bee but CCB has missed his intended preps due to the ground and Khyber has to put his last run behind him- those two are high potential hopefuls for me.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

If you didn’t then I certainly will.

Bugger.

With a side order of arsington sodmonster.

I thought they were leaving it a bit late to get a prep run into him, notwithstanding his original intended declaration at Doncaster this coming Friday. Ach well…

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.