CHELTENHAM 2017 Bets

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 CHELTENHAM 2017 Bets

This topic contains 419 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by botchy1 botchy1 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 420 total)
  • Author
    charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 781

I know some think Ante Post betting on Willies horses this far out is ludicrous, but it really isn’t. Sure, horses have to get there in one piece, but WPM horses are not campaigned too heavily and we know a lot about them before we see them this season, so why not take a chance on some double figure prices before prices half / go odds on after one or two runs.

I think they will up Douvan in trip with an eye on the GC. They have a wealth of riches and this is their best horses. They have been saying ‘he could be anything’ for a while now and I think we will see Douvan over 2m5f in Ireland before he contests in the King George. I am of the opinion he will stay all day long and have backed him multiple times for the King George

I think they will give Annie Power the chance to retain CH, which could mean upping Faugheen in trip to the World Hurdle.

I would like to see Vautour down in trip and think they may go for the Champion Chase if Douvan can handle 3 + miles.

One horse that hasn’t had much of a mention and doesn’t seem to get as much attention is Vroum Vroum Mag. For me this is the best ante post bet of Willies. Given their wealth of riches over hurdles and VVM’s proven ability over fences, I think chasing is inevitably on the cards which means we can narrow down potential targets:

Ryanair @ 10’s
    Champion Chase @ 16’s
    Gold Cup @ 33’s

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

Would hate to see Faugheen demoted to the stayers hurdle; up till now he has been almost unbeatable (1 blemish), so hope the injury doesn’t leave a mark. I presume chasing won’t be considered.
    Agree Douvan will be Gold Cup bound, tho reserving judgement till we see how strong his novice chasing generation was.
    Disagree about Vautour; Punchestown (albeit at the end of a long season) showed chinks over 2 miles, so Ryanair more likely, tho I accept it’s a lesser prize

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

One horse that hasn’t had much of a mention and doesn’t seem to get as much attention is Vroum Vroum Mag. For me this is the best ante post bet of Willies. Given their wealth of riches over hurdles and VVM’s proven ability over fences, I think chasing is inevitably on the cards which means we can narrow down potential targets:

Ryanair @ 10’s
    Champion Chase @ 16’s
    Gold Cup @ 33’s

Good luck Charlie with VVM.

I had her in a couple of Ante-Post lines at this time last year, and I’d agree, she doesn’t seem to quite get the same publicity as some of the other WPM/Ricci runners, despite looking very very good indeed. Don’t think you can rule her out of anything, and wouldn’t rule out The Champion Hurdle either, for which she’s best priced 16’s.

A real danger wherever she goes :good:

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Yorkhill jlt 6/1
    Paddies halved the price for this race and doubled it for the arkle
    Following them in, this tactic has been very good to me for finding out targets and we will see how it works out.

Annie power champion hurdle 3/1
    Faugheen world hurdle 4/1
    Vroum vroum mag mares 5/1
    Yorkhill jlt 6/1 acca

Annie champion 4/1
    Yorkhill jlt 6/1
    Faugheen world hurdle 4/1 trebble

Annie champion 3/1
    Vroum vroum mares 5/1
    Faugheen world hurdle 4/1 trebble

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Moon racer supreme novice
    7 years old and always a chance of a setback but at 16/1 with 1 target and excellent bumper form the chance of reward far out weighs the risk Imo.

Runs at perth next Thursday where he could possibly meat ballyandy, who will most likely step aside at this stage.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Shame he missed the best part of last season Rocky, but Punchestown showed the ability is still there. Good luck with him this year :good:

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 203

I have lumped on a ante post lucky 63

ARKLE- ALTIOR 5/1
    CH- ANNIE POWER 3/1
    JLT- YORK HILL 6/1
    RYAN AIR- BLACK HURCLES 8/1
    WH- FAUGHEEN 4/1
    GC- THISTlE CRACK 7/1

It’s very likely some won’t make it due to injury or they run in a different race. But if these horses line up for these races they will have the bookies running for cover. The bookies won’t make the same mistake as last year, they took a hammering and in my eyes they will take no Chances and will be to short to back on the day.

Once ALTIOR and thistle crack show that they can jump a fence the bookies will slash there odds by at least half.

If you fancy any big names, I think it’s defiantly worth the risk to back them now before they race at reasoanable prices. HAPPY PUNTING :bye: :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Good luck atthepost. I’ve got a fraction on Ante-Post, from what I used to, but do have a couple of lines tucked away ;-)

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Altior arkle 4/1 tried to get 5s but accounts restricted. Had to take 4s

Death duty Albert bartlett 25/1
    I rate him highly, solid form with blow by blow sunni may and first figaro.
    Won his pt to pt over 3 miles nicely and crying out for a trip Imo.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Hope Moon Racer gets off to a good start for you tomorrow Rocky :good:

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Thanks vtc, at the time of placing the bet I diddnt expect them both to be declared as that’s an outrageous match up for this time of year.

Genuinely excited for tomorrow’s race

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1128

Decided to back Apple’s Jade for the Champion Hurdle, at 10s with Ladbrokes. Yes, I’m fully aware that no 5yo mare has won the Champion Hurdle; equally, I’m fully aware that no 4yo mare had demolished her field by 41 lengths on the bridle at Aintree…. until Apple’s Jade came along.

The Liverpool race was discussed at length at the time and the general opinion was that she was flattered; however, the others can’t all have run below form and, even if they were just 130-rated horses, then she’s run to 170 with a massive plus. Her subsequent stroll at Punchestown merely served to illustrate that Aintree wasn’t a fluke and her defeat in the Triumph Hurdle can be attributed to Mullins, by his own admission, leaving her a bit short.

Obviously, her main rivals also reside at Closutton and she could be rerouted to the Mares’ Hurdle but if (as I suspect) she trounces all comers in her trial races this winter, she’ll have to go for the big one and that 10-1 is going to look very big indeed.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Good luck Gladiateur :good:

Whatever your stance on her, there’s no denying she looked very good indeed, and I’d be surprised, given her owners, that she didn’t go for The Champion.

Gladiateur
    Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1128

Thanks, VTC. I’ve watched the Aintree race several times and can’t find any excuses for the others- she simply destroyed them. I’ve not seen anything like it in the 36 years that I’ve been watching the game (yes, I remember your namesake!) and if she can repeat that form she’ll take a world of beating.

I’ve also done an ante post Lucky 15 with Buveur d’Air (Arkle), Apple’s Jade (Champion), Alpha Des Obeaux (RSA) and Thistlecrack (Gold Cup). You never know…

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15788

Yeah, it seems longer and longer ago that old VtC used to run, 33 years since he ran in The National :wacko: ……..I must add that I was a young lad then :whistle:

I don’t think there were any excuses, and it was a great run from her, and fingers crossed for this season. I doubt any AP bets of mine will go her way, too short for me, but looking forward to her anyway.

I hope you get some fun from that Lucky 15 as well B-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 420 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.