The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

cheltenham 2009 champion chase/hurlde world hurdle gold cup

Home Forums Archive Topics cheltenham 2009 champion chase/hurlde world hurdle gold cup

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    rip van winkle
    • Total Posts 12

i cant see binocular getting up the hill, plus i cant see another five year old winning it. Celastial halo was hammered by binocular and only just beat a re-appearing osana who in fairness wasnt pushed by the jockey. Osana is a very good horse but preparation has been flawed. My money will be on punjabi who i hold in very high regard he came 3rd last year then won four in a row before falling at the last when he had the christmas hurdle in the bag. Nicky Henderson said that he would need the run last time so he will be perfectly fit and at 16/1 hes the e/w bet of the festival

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

i cant see binocular getting up the hill

, plus i cant see another five year old winning it. Celastial halo was hammered by binocular and only just beat a re-appearing osana who in fairness wasnt pushed by the jockey. Osana is a very good horse but preparation has been flawed.

My money will be on punjabi

who i hold in very high regard he came 3rd last year then won four in a row before falling at the last when he had the christmas hurdle in the bag. Nicky Henderson said that he would need the run last time so he will be perfectly fit and at 16/1 hes the e/w bet of the festival

Welcome to the forum RVW, I agree about Binocular not getting up the hill, but think you are leaning towards another horse who wont get up the hill, Punjabi came late last year in a slow race, this year is almost guaranteed to be a fast paced event, and punjabi is another speedster, in todays racing post Pipe even says that he is considering running Lough Derg, which if he did would be to set the race up for osana (and possibly unwittingly Celestial Halo). Whoever makes the running, I cant see it being another snail’s pace, and thus I cant see Punjabi placing with so many of the others who see the trip out so much better than him.

One thing to remember about Punjabi is that whatever he can do Binocular can do better, if everything goes in punjabis favour then binocular will already be about 10 lengths clear of him and not slowing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

hard to look apst Kauto and Master-minded, world hurdle don’t know, have a sneaking fancy for Won in the Dark if the going is good

thebairn
    • Total Posts 72

Celestial Halo
    Master Minded
    Big Bucks
    Denman

Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Osana
    Tidal Bay(something dramatic often happens at the festival, Master Minded falling at the first?)
    Kasbah Bliss
    Denman

• Total Posts 81

Looks like Sizing Europe may be out of CH. Picked up a knock travelling over. Starting to remind me of Darren Anderton!

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.