The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Channel 4 Racing today (10 July) Swearing!!!!!!!

Home Forums Horse Racing Channel 4 Racing today (10 July) Swearing!!!!!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

during the footage today, im sure I heard one of the presenters say ‘******* Pervert’ it was when one race meeting was swapping over to another but obviously their mic was not turned off.

anyone else hear it???

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

I missed it but Alastair Down apologised to viewers at the end of the broadcast, not sure who the culprit was.

I’m sure Julian Wilson said the F word on the BBC once when he was handing over to another presenter.

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

I thought it was john francombe but not sure, i wasnt really watching the racing actually, buti just heard F-ing pervert, im sure thats what he said

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29194

Can’t say I heard the F-word, thought it was McGrath, saying something like perverted …

Value Is Everything
    Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

My hearing is deteriorating but for what it is worth I thought it was Jim McGrath referring to someone as a "perverse tw*t".

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

It was Jim McGrath saying perverse tw**.

An apparent rarity but this the second time they have done it now with Francome being the culprit last time, think their someone who doesn’t like them.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

Just about to watch a recording of todays racing; I’ll listen out for it. Is Tourettes catching?

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

My hearing is deteriorating but for what it is worth I thought it was Jim McGrath referring to someone as a "perverse tw*t".

There’s **** all wrong with your hearing Lingfield, it was McGrath (talking to Francome) calling him a ‘perverse twat’, the ******* potty-mouthed *******.

Spitfire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

Did it trump Spittin Mick Easterby performance at last years Dante meeting on Channel 4.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Did it trump Spittin Mick Easterby performance at last years Dante meeting on Channel 4.

Nothing trumps saying the "c-word" twice in one sentence.

bettingboy
    • Total Posts 100

Yep, it was ‘perverse *wat’.

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 548

Just a (non-swear) word of praise for their coverage this week.

Much as I think he can be a pompous ass, I enjoyed Al’s interviews this week. BBC please note how Sheikh Mo and Paul Strothers can be talked to in an adult and incisive fashion.

Also, the saddlers store features and particularly the mini-series with Lesley at the equine hospital were fascinating IMO.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

"Peter Poston’s Ghost"
    Also, the saddlers store features and particularly the mini-series with Lesley at the equine hospital were fascinating IMO.

Didn’t even know she was ill? :wink:

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Nothing more than a bit of friendly banter between McGrath and Francombe.

I don’t think Francombe can argue with being called a ‘Perverse t**t’.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

As clear a case of pot and kettle as I’ve seen in some time! :?

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

This isn’t the first time we’ve had naughty language live on the air. I remember in November when Paul Nichols was asked what he thought about people saying Kauto Star was past his best and he right away just said "well that’s just a load of bullsh*t". I was like :shock:

And i could swear (no pun intended) that there is a huge F word heard just after Silver Birch won the National…?

curragh
    • Total Posts 27

On Ladies’ Day at Newmarket, Alistair Down made me laugh out loud, when he said, after the camera had panned across a group of women in their finery, … some have taken the day off from haunting houses, but you can’t have everything.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.