The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Channel 4 Gripes

Home Forums Horse Racing Channel 4 Gripes

Viewing 7 posts - 171 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

For me, for me, for me, Fitzy, for me, Fitzy….

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I was going to recommend the For Me Fitzy drinking game but you’d be pi**ed in ten minutes

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

C4 needs more Gina Bryce :)

• Total Posts 790

To much talking not enough racing for me.

Some bizarre stuff to, Channel 4 didn’t advertise they’d be showing the 2.05 at Donny. I watched the race online and had channel 4 on in the background, watched the entirety of the race online 2 or 3 mins later the race is on Channel 4. Some people may think I’m being petty but seriously why not cut a bit of the talking out and just show the race live? :?

Not sure if I was hearing things but I’m sure Fitzgerald came out with the following quote when speaking about AP – ‘Some people think he’s not as good as 10 years ago.’ Surely very few people have this opinion? I personally don’t think his performance level has dropped at all! :shock:

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Not sure if I was hearing things but I’m sure Fitzgerald came out with the following quote when speaking about AP – ‘Some people think he’s not as good as 10 years ago.’ Surely very few people have this opinion? I personally don’t think his performance level has dropped at all! :shock:

They just make things up, they think it makes their opinion look better.

Nick Luck kept going about that jockeycam as though it was something fantastic and that the sound added to it, all I heard was Richard Hughes saying "Awww!")

Apparently they’ve had thousands of letters praising it’s use, it does little for me but whatever I doubt very much they’ve had thousands of posts praising it.

I would imagine far, far more viewers would prefer to see the horses both in the paddock and going to post but little is done to please them.

bert123
    • Total Posts 2

Currently I’m part of a small group of students from the Royal Agriculture University looking into the racing industry as part of our course. We’ve put together a survey on the grand national, it’d be much appreciated if you could spare a minute to fill it in.
    Many Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3T8YJQY

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I’m increasingly impressed with Rishi. He comes across to me as the most professional anchor by far of those they’ve tried. He’s unflappable, pleasant and knows his stuff.

He has an admirable way of getting comments in the paddock without breenging in among connections, scattering bodies, as Ms Balding does. And with him at the helm, his colleagues seem more confident and assured in what they’re doing.

And GC is building his niche very well. Perhaps the most knowledgeable of them all, he has that offbeat turn of phrase at times that stamps him as an original. He just needs to be a wee bit careful that his quickfire mind doesn’t send a bullet into his own foot.

^^^THIS.

(a different) gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 7 posts - 171 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.